Thread: Charging my new Zire
04-17-2003, 03:12 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2003
Charging my new Zire
Help needed! I have just taken delivery of my new Zire. For the last 9 hours I have been trying to charge it. There is no obvious sign that it is charging and after each 3 hour charging session it still won't turn on. I have done all the obvious things making sure that the charger is properly connected etc. Any suggestions please?
04-18-2003, 12:52 PM #2
- Join Date
- Nov 2001
I'm sure you've already made sure that the wall outlet is working.
Have you tried any resets? The soft reset involves placing the end of a paper clip in the reset hole on the back. To do a hard reset:
1. Hold down the power button on the front panel of the handheld.
2. While holding down the power button, use the reset tip tool (or similar object without a sharp tip), to gently press the reset button inside the hole on the back panel of your handheld.
3. Release the reset button.
4. When the logo screen appears on the screen, release the power button.
5. When the message appears on the handheld screen warning that you are about to erase all the data stored on your handheld, press the upper half of the scroll button on the front panel of the handheld to complete the hard reset and display the Digitizer screen.
If you're still getting no response after the resets, I would return it to the store for a replacement.Jennifer
By chaturvedimd in forum Zire 72Replies: 10Last Post: 08-20-2006, 09:57 PM
By CindyWal in forum Zire 71Replies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2003, 07:40 PM
By poli13 in forum Zire 71Replies: 14Last Post: 09-04-2003, 01:10 PM
By Grandmasterw in forum ZireReplies: 4Last Post: 03-31-2003, 01:55 AM
By m_sree in forum ZireReplies: 4Last Post: 11-26-2002, 12:26 PM