08-06-2003, 12:50 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
Upgrading from 4 to 4.1, resolving error #-50
Desktop quits, error #-50, temporary resolution
I use Mac 9.2 and have recently resolved error problems and crashes by doing the following:
0) called Palm which was almost useless, although they suggest upgrading the software that was on my Zire71 CD (4.0 desktop to 4.1) via download.
1) made backup of user data, stored on backup hard drive, ran Norton, zapped PRAM.
2) downloaded Palm 4.1
3) drag my user data from the Documents/Palm/Users folder to the desktop.
4) uninstall Palm 4 via the CD, restart.
5) make sure it has fully uninstalled, or repeat step 4.
6) install Palm 4.1 via the download. Restart. Rebuilt desktop. Restart.
7) open Palm desktop. I was unable to import my user data, however, MERGE was successful. There were a few preferences lost, such as my chosen font size and color scheme, but all categorical info was intacked.
Please note, over the last few months the errors have reoccurred. I've had to reinstall twice. Bummer, this software is not the best. My Palm 2.6 Desktop for Visor never crashed.
08-07-2003, 10:16 AM #2
- Join Date
- May 2003
ALso you should run sherlock and search for hotsync and palm and delete anything you find..
By abordercollie in forum Tungsten T seriesReplies: 5Last Post: 04-02-2005, 02:03 AM
By palmosc.com in forum iPAQ hx4700 seriesReplies: 3Last Post: 10-03-2004, 10:18 PM
By lencaplan in forum iPAQ h3600-h3900 seriesReplies: 3Last Post: 11-26-2003, 06:42 PM
By barbender in forum Tungsten WReplies: 5Last Post: 11-09-2003, 09:37 PM
By ptrevino in forum e700 seriesReplies: 3Last Post: 07-06-2003, 06:13 AM