Tungsten? T5 Update v1.1 - Page 5

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mobile Enthusiast

Can anyone tell me how to find out which version of Palm OS I am running. I did the update and it was a disaster. I am wondering if it took or not? Thanks

Mobile Ministry Magazine

No interface changes. Everything changed is under the hood. Take note of the LD liek securuty feature under Prefs. Other than that, enjoy the update.
    Read and view something different
    Mobile Ministry Magazine (http://mobileministrymagazine.blogspot.com)

Mobile Enthusiast

to check what version of the upgrade you have simply do the following:

open up memo

Make the loopy sign (like a cursive lower-case "L")
    then period
    Then the number 9

this will bring up a date and time. the date should read "06/03/2005 01:38 PM" if it ready anything BEFORE that date... you need to install the upgrade.
    your welcomes.. i am accepting donations.

SMILE!

Mobile Enthusiast

Thanks it worked!! However after 2 hours of trying to install this update this morning and many fatal errors and hard and soft resets I think I will wait for awyle and see what happens. This seems to be a very tricky upgrade to do successfully. This mornin g it said I did not have enough memory when I had 47mb free. I did a ahrd reset and tried it again and still fatal errors and no success. Wow!

Mobile Enthusiast

Great! I just put in the post yesterday my T5 for a repair to the constant need for resets. Hopefully they'll figure out that my T5 needs the upgrade and do it for me whilst in the shop....here's keeping my fingers crossed.....

=R
    For every minute you are angry or sad, you lose 60 seconds of happiness...
    rolney is in Southwest England

Mobile Enthusiast

What is the update for??
    Does it fix the search Bug??(Stops At 8?)

drgmtpalm

Originally posted by Streaky
    My heart's in me mouth. I've synced everything, backed up everything, removed the card and am currently updating.

[Edit]

And I've got the fatal exception whilst validating the new files after the in-cradle soft reset.

[Edit]

After sticking the needle in its back it came back and continued validating. It's just completed that and is going through another soft reset (which seems quicker, but that's maybe because I'm typing here). Now wants me to calibrate.

[Edit]

Then another soft reset, followed by country set up, etc. Now syncing back the data.

[Edit]

Sync finished. Another (expected) reset required. Info tells me I have Garnet v. 5.4.8.

I am now hoping that a full restore from BBVFS will give me back all my preferences. I'll try that on the train home. (A niggling part of me thinks a full restore - if it works - will put me back pre-update.)

Restoring with a progam like BBVFS or backupman wont (I dont think) restore the previous ROM version. This version becomes set in stone I think. Backup prgrams only backup programs and preferences.... I think......

Mobile Evangelist

Good to see P1 finally releasing their ROM update for T5 users.

Originally posted by Nine
    Don't wait with an L - if you want a space after it without waiting, write the space UNDER the original L.
    Alternatively, you can write the vertical line for the 'L' and then the horizontal line for the space either to the left or right of the 'L' (to the left after a capital 'L' and to the right after a lowercase one). Just make sure it doesn't intersect or touch in any way with the vertical line else it'll think you're writing a 'T'.

Originally posted by drgmtpalm
    Restoring with a progam like BBVFS or backupman wont (I dont think) restore the previous ROM version. This version becomes set in stone I think. Backup prgrams only backup programs and preferences.... I think......
    seems right. AFAIK, ROM updates are so "permanent" that hard resets don't affect them either. There may be a way to reverse it if needed, but i hear it can get ugly
    Visor --> Visor Neo --> Zire 71 --> Tungsten T3 (with 4 GOLDEN screws) + Zodiac 2 + Tungsten X

"Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error, but that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."
    Points lazily.... followed by sickening screams, "The error has been corrected"
    -Grand Admiral Thrawn

Mobile Enthusiast

I installed the update. Not a problem. Now I am reinstalling my WiFi card drivers. So it appears to be working.. we shall see.
    Sharp Zaurus -> Sharp ZR-3000 -> Sharp ZR-5800+ -> Philips Nino -> Casio Cassiopeia E-11 -> Philips Nino 300 -> Sharp Mobilon HC-4100 -> Philips Velo 1 -> Sharp Mobilon HC-4600 -> HP Jornada 720 -> Palm Vx -> Palm T|T5 w/ InnoPocket case, Zlauncher

Default Updated

Hello all,

Did everything by the letter, according to palmOne's support page. HotSync, backed up Internal Drive...

Then I had the 'Not enough memory to launch update' so I decided eventually to do the Hard Reset thing. After the successful trouble-free T5 1.1 update, I restored my data, but found out that the entire Calender (DateBk5) is empty! And so was Memo! Contacts was a mess.

Not sure if a second HotSync would have solved that, but $10 BackupMan came to the rescue once again. All is good now, everything's in order. The T5 is much more responsive, and I am happy this 1 hour heart in mouth experience was relatively painless.