Tungsten? T5 Update v1.1 - Page 4

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    I can't remember
    Brain -> Casio -> Sharp -> Filofax -> Palm Pilot -> Palm Professional -> Palm IIIc -> iPAQ 4660 (oops) -> TT3 + T610 + NavMan -> TT5 + SE K700i + NavMan -> TT5 + 2Gb SD card + SE K810i + universal PDA thumb board + external mike + TomTom ONE + BlackBerry 8800

Winner of the Brighthand Palm 5th Anniversary Contest
    NOT

Mobile Deity

Originally posted by greycow
    This update fixes the constant NVFS crash I was getting with BackupMan.
    I am interested in knowing if this likewise resolves the issues with BackupBuddy VFS (V3.07).

Mobile Enthusiast

I performed the update. I also had to perform the Wifi driver update again. I couldn't get most of my files back on the Internal Drive, in spite of following Palm's detailed instructions to save it and then drag them over. I reloaded them manually without a problem, however.

I had to repair my Bluetooth phone (SE T610) with the T5. That was simple and took less than a minute. However, when I go into the network settings to edit the network settings for the purpose of making the Idle Timeout "Never" (under "Details"), I lose the whole network settings and need to repair the phone and T5 again.

Everything is fine except for that bug. Who knows? Maybe it is not a bug? But just don't edit the Bluetooth network settings if you perform this update. When I do click on edit the network settings, it says I'm connected via the Palm modem. That's a very different reading from my Zire 72. Other than that, Bluetooth and wifi work fine. There's NO problem editing the wifi settings. Lots of programs like Palmary Clock and Wifi driver didn't get backed up.

It was a bit of a hassale to perform this update. Only time will tell if the T5 will become more stable as a result. I can still Hotsync via Bluetooth and connect via my PC's Lan via Bluetooth.

Editing a particular network setting causing that specific network settings to vanish is strange.

I can't remember

I'll let you know tomorrow.
    Brain -> Casio -> Sharp -> Filofax -> Palm Pilot -> Palm Professional -> Palm IIIc -> iPAQ 4660 (oops) -> TT3 + T610 + NavMan -> TT5 + SE K700i + NavMan -> TT5 + 2Gb SD card + SE K810i + universal PDA thumb board + external mike + TomTom ONE + BlackBerry 8800

NOT

Ooh NO, missus...

Ok, that's enough watching everyone else suffer - time to bite my own bullet... here we go...

I can't remember

Good luck - it's not a pleasant experience if you are already crash-weary.

NOT

Mobile Deity

Thnx Ed.

NOTE: I read your post Ed, I right fast and usually dont wait for a letter unless its like, um, an L for example. On T5 and LD, I right the L(lowercase) and it doesnt come up for 2-4 seconds, because it waiting to see if I'm going to make a ' - ' for a 't', and I personally dont like that, I miss my T3 G2

Mobile Enthusiast

I performed the update. I also had to perform the Wifi driver update again. I couldn't get most of my files back on the Internal Drive, in spite of following Palm's detailed instructions to save it and then drag them over. I reloaded them manually without a problem, however.

I had to repair my Bluetooth phone (SE T610) with the T5. That was simple and took less than a minute. However, when I go into the network settings to edit the network settings for the purpose of making the Idle Timeout "Never" (under "Details"), I lose the whole network settings and need to repair the phone and T5 again.

Everything is fine except for that bug. Who knows? Maybe it is not a bug? But just don't edit the Bluetooth network settings if you perform this update. When I do click on edit the network settings, it says I'm connected via the Palm modem. That's a very different reading from my Zire 72. Other than that, Bluetooth and wifi work fine. There's NO problem editing the wifi settings. Lots of programs like Palmary Clock and Wifi driver didn't get backed up.

It was a bit of a hassale to perform this update. Only time will tell if the T5 will become more stable as a result. I can still Hotsync via Bluetooth and connect via my PC's Lan via Bluetooth.

Editing a particular network setting causing that specific network settings to vanish is strange.

Ooh NO, missus...

Originally posted by T-Man
    Thnx Ed.

NOTE:I right fast and usually dont wait for a letter unless its like, um, an L for example...
    Don't wait with an L - if you want a space after it without waiting, write the space UNDER the original L.

mmmmmmm My TUNGSTEN!!!

DOES THIS NEW UPDATE CHANGE THE INTERFACE OF THE t5 IN ANY WAY?

im curious