Tungsten? T5 Update v1.1 - Page 3

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default synchronize error

need some help, after installing the T5 update 1.1 keep getting "Fatal Exception" error message when doing synchronization..hence cannot do any synch whatsoever so far..

I can't remember

Welcome mahut - not a good post with which to lose your virginity! This precisely why I am hanging back a little and not, as usual, just blindly upgrading.

Have you tried a hard reset (page up and reset)? That should restore your Palm to factory defaults (and wipe everything, which won't matter as it seems this update does that anyway).
    Brain -> Casio -> Sharp -> Filofax -> Palm Pilot -> Palm Professional -> Palm IIIc -> iPAQ 4660 (oops) -> TT3 + T610 + NavMan -> TT5 + SE K700i + NavMan -> TT5 + 2Gb SD card + SE K810i + universal PDA thumb board + external mike + TomTom ONE + BlackBerry 8800

Winner of the Brighthand Palm 5th Anniversary Contest
    NOT

Ooh NO, missus...

Welcome to Brighthand, Mahut.

A hard reset is actually pressing the reset hole in the back of the unit whilst holding down the power button for the duration of the first reset screen. Then press 'up' on your directional pad to confirm.

Default update v1.1

thanks for the help/tips..by the way, how do I know that I have updated to v1.1

Centro Newbie...

Default Is G1 reinstall needed?

Before I install the T5 1.1 update, I'm assuming that I will need to reinstall the G1 file(s) after the update. Is this true? I'm not a true fan of Grafitti 2 and want G1, instead. Has anyone done this yet?
    Just like the old American Express saying, I "never leave home without it."

http://mytungstent5.blogspot.com

Palm III>Handspring Visor>Visor Platinum>Tungsten T>Tungsten T5>Verizon Centro

Rogue Podcaster

Originally posted by Ed
    Does this fix the Find bug?
    Yep, the find bug is gone. So is the calendar-showing-no-dates-in-find-results bug and all the NVFS issues have been fixed. Also, the overall system performance seems much, much snappier.
    Jeff Kirvin
    Author of Between Heaven and Hell, a different kind of SF novel.
    Get it at eReader http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/5493
    or Fictionwise http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook29869.htm

For the sequel, check out eSerials at http://www.serialfiction.net and my blog at http://jeffkirvin.multiplemedia.org/

Listen to the Maximum Geek Podcast! http://www.solomedia.org/podcast/

Mobile Enthusiast

Wow, that was fun.

When attempting to HotSync the update, I would get a Fatal Exception everytime the T5 was attempting to load one of the ROM update files.

A series of soft resets did nothing. Nor did a few warm resets.

Renamed my Backup folder, and did a hard reset.

Reinstalled the ROM update via HotSync and..... waited, waited, waited.

Finally, ROM update installed.

Renamed old Backup folder to current and initiated HotSync.... waited, waited, waited..... none of my old settings/applications came over. Great. Must've done something wrong.

Went into my Archive folder and reinstalled EVERYTHING! Waited, waited, waited, waited..... waited some more..... and, got everything over, but needed to re-setup every piece of software (reg codes, preferences, settings, etc.) GREAT!

Well, that's two hours of my life I'm never going to get back! At least things are back to normal (sort of).

I don't even know yet if the headaches the update caused are worth the update itself. Time will tell.

Thanks, Palm, I think!
    zire -> m130 -> tungsten|t -> zire 72 -> tungsten|t3 -> tungsten|t5

kza

Default cant sync the files

i have following problem:
    the setup starts and runs, then when it says: "sync now" i sync over usb, but it doesnt sync any update data, doesnt take "several minutes" and doesnt "start the update by itself" afterwards...
    any guesses?
    thx

edit:
    giving up after trying 20times
    that installers a joke
    even going to step 2 without having installed
    this sux

edit

hmm
    jusr saw that in the mac sit there a prc file..
    could it be able to install it that way?(im pc user)
    any help would be nice

I can't remember

My heart's in me mouth. I've synced everything, backed up everything, removed the card and am currently updating.

[Edit]

And I've got the fatal exception whilst validating the new files after the in-cradle soft reset.

[Edit]

After sticking the needle in its back it came back and continued validating. It's just completed that and is going through another soft reset (which seems quicker, but that's maybe because I'm typing here). Now wants me to calibrate.

[Edit]

Then another soft reset, followed by country set up, etc. Now syncing back the data.

[Edit]

Sync finished. Another (expected) reset required. Info tells me I have Garnet v. 5.4.8.

I am now hoping that a full restore from BBVFS will give me back all my preferences. I'll try that on the train home. (A niggling part of me thinks a full restore - if it works - will put me back pre-update.)
    Brain -> Casio -> Sharp -> Filofax -> Palm Pilot -> Palm Professional -> Palm IIIc -> iPAQ 4660 (oops) -> TT3 + T610 + NavMan -> TT5 + SE K700i + NavMan -> TT5 + 2Gb SD card + SE K810i + universal PDA thumb board + external mike + TomTom ONE + BlackBerry 8800

Winner of the Brighthand Palm 5th Anniversary Contest
    NOT

mmmmmmm My TUNGSTEN!!!

Exclamation T5 new update

hi all! plz note the new update for the T5 (update version1.1) is here:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...nt5update.html

if there is any1 who has tried the update plz let us know of the results.

keen if the Grafiti 1 still works with the new update, rumor has it does not! (personaly and i knw dfor alot of ppl this is an important issue, igor it would be gr8 if you cud help )

im arranging to execute the new update tommorow. shall update all on my results! fingers crossed!

take care and be blessed!