Constant recalibration - Page 7

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mobile Enthusiast

I got a Return Authorization from Palm to repair/replace my TT. I am wondering if this will do any good. If Palm has not identified the hardware problem associated with Digitizer Drift than what good is a repair or replacement?

I have seen the problem with and without 3rd party apps. Is it just as likely that my repaired or replaced TT will have the same problem?

Mobile Enthusiast

Or a worse problem....

Michael. It takes me more than two seconds to fix, and is annoying as hell.
    I go into datebook to put in an appointment, only to find that my digitizer is off. So I go to my launcher to launch the prefs, then it usually takes two to three times to even get the redigitizer on the screen because the thing is so far off. So I try to hit digitize, and maybe it goes to formats instead. If you have to go through this almost every time you put an appointment in your datebook or change an address, you will find that it gets very very old very quickly.

Mobile Consultant

Originally posted by MichaelButler
    No, I think what you are arguing is minutiae.
    Are you trolling?

When I had this problem with my IIIxe, it made the unit nearly unusable. How do you propose that someone recalibrate who can't determine where the taps on the screen will register to the Palm? You tap one place, you get another. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it takes deliberate effort to figure out how far the drift is and calculate where to put the stylus.

If you have to recalibrate every time you want to check an address, you may as well have a PocketPC. A Palm with significant digitizer drift is that useless.
    The Compulsive Splicer
    MP130 - Nino 312 - Palm IIIxe - MP2100 - IIIxe again - Tungsten|T - iPAQ H5550 - Tungsten|T3 - Treo 680 (Copper) - Nokia e61i - iPhone 3G - iPhone - iPhone 3GS. Devices currently in service: iPad, Palm Pre Plus.
    http://splicer.com/

Mobile Deity

I am wary about posting this, since it will probably fall under Murphy's Law and I'll start having problems again - but since I deleted BatteryGraph a week ago, I haven't had any recalibration problems.

Mobile Enthusiast

Like Convert2 I'm acutely aware of Murphys law so I'll cross my fingers when I type this (on second thoughts, maybe I'll cross 'em AFTER I've typed it...)

I've turned off the graffiti echo on Jot and haven't needed to re-calibrate for 3 days (it used to be EVERY day).

Hmmmm......

I've been having the same problem with my T|T for some time, almost since I got it.

If I had to guess on some software that might be doing it, i'd guess the Patience collection of solitaire card games, since sometimes that's all I've used, and I have to recalibrate more than once.

Anyone have any new news?

Thanks!

Mobile Evangelist

Thumbs up

I've been thinking of not posting this, as to not to tempt fate, but my digitizer drift has been gone for the past 3 days... I haven't done anything new, no software upgrades... It just went as quietly and inexplicably as it came... I hope I never see it again, although I am always weary of problems that just "go away..."

Well, at least for now, it's all good again in my TT digitizer department. Holding fingers tightly crossed....

Mobile Enthusiast

Default Same here...

The problem just went away, without any software changes..

This thread started exactly the same time i started to suffer from the problem, and now, as i start to see posts of the problem disappear, it disappears on my palm as well.

kind of weird that it came to all of us about on the same time, and then just went away...

I had the digitizer problem for over a month - the following worked for me. No problems for 2 months now (crosses fingers, throws salt over shoulder, ...)

1. When you recalibrate, don't tap the targets, press them for 2 seconds.

2. Go into notepad and press the tip of the pen to the screen for 5 seconds.
    - If you've got a "good" calibration, you'll get a single dot.
    - If you've got a "bad" calibration, you'll see a line as the point wanders on its own (maybe 4mm long). Go back and do step 1 again, until you get a "good" calibration - maybe 2 or 3 attempts.

YMMV

Mobile Consultant

Default Re: Same here...

Originally posted by Yonic
    The problem just went away, without any software changes..

This thread started exactly the same time i started to suffer from the problem, and now, as i start to see posts of the problem disappear, it disappears on my palm as well.

kind of weird that it came to all of us about on the same time, and then just went away...
    Sunspots.
    The Compulsive Splicer
    MP130 - Nino 312 - Palm IIIxe - MP2100 - IIIxe again - Tungsten|T - iPAQ H5550 - Tungsten|T3 - Treo 680 (Copper) - Nokia e61i - iPhone 3G - iPhone - iPhone 3GS. Devices currently in service: iPad, Palm Pre Plus.
    http://splicer.com/