Constant recalibration - Page 5

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mobile Enthusiast

I have been having digitizer problems for so long that I can't remember when they started. I have to redigitize almost every time I use the palm. It is really annoying, but I have been just living with it. I think I am finally inspired to do something about it. I guess I'll do a hard reset and begin adding back applications.
    Swieder, have you added back launcher X yet?

I deleted Graffitti Anywhere a few weeks ago. I still have the digitizer problem. So many people use that app, it seems like it can't possibly be the source. I had both Newpen and Graffitti Anywhere installed, and I thought there might be a problem with having both of them.

Mobile Enthusiast

I finally made the switch from Launcher X to zlauncher. So until LX gets an update it is off my list. I had other problems that seemed LX related.

Even after deleting Graffiti Anywhere I was still have problems. I also pulled off FileZ.

I am back to thinking that this is a Hardware problem. In one test I thought that I did a clean reboot and still had the drift problem with no 3rd party applications. I recalibrated and it worked okay. This is a nasty problem.

Still testing.

Default Re: Grafitti Anywhere the problem ?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by swieder
    [B]Within a few hours of installing Grafitti Anywhere 1.3.1 (GA) my TT went out of Calibration for the first time in 5 days.

Sorry.

Did you de-activate GA before you deleted it?
    Curious, what button did you use to activate GA? Short press or long press?

I don't use GA much so maybe it hasn't caused me a problem yet.
    I think I will delete it though.

Mobile Enthusiast

I did not deactivate GA before deleting it. Should I ? It looked like the problem happened even with GA deleted. Do you think if would be different if I deactived GA before deleting it ?

I used the voice record button with a Short-press.

Don't know if it makes a difference. I just remember some other apps you had to disable them before deleting otherwise they would cause a problem. Just guessing from this point on.

I couldn't duplicate the digitizer problem using GA.

Mobile Enthusiast

I suspect, at least on my
    T|T, that it's not Graffiti Anywhere by itself but the combination of GA with certain other programs. For example, I consider Crossword to be an "essential app". It works with no problems if I write on the silkscreen area. GA or Tealscript works with no problems with other apps. Together there are problems.

klw
    Mobile Deity

Mine had the same problems listed in this thread, especially the digitizer drifting further off in the right side of the screen.

The problem began suddenly after 7 months of error-free operation and seemed to occur after switching my PDA off (ie after a re-calibration, it would be fine until the next time I turned it on).

The problem happened even after a cold reset (I never re-loaded any apps, then following a Palm Tech support suggestion, only loaded the digitizer patch), so it isn't caused by software. Palm sent me a new TT after I told them the results of the cold reset test and so far this one hasn't had the problem.

The devices are easy to take apart btw, and there aren't any "breaking this seal voids the warranty" warnings. You will need a very tiny phillips head screwdriver though. The key to removing the slider is to twist it from the back so that the left side comes out first (you'll see what I mean if you try it). Reinstalling is the reverse: start with the right side.

clm

Default calibration

I have had my TT since April and began having the problem pretty early on. I called tech support and performed a hard reset as they suggested. I reinstalled 3rd party software a little at a time hoping to find the offending program. I was pretty convinced that is was DateBook5 until I read this thread today. I had deleted the program earlier and the TT ran okay for awhile. Probably have to give it more time after deleting programs to know for sure since the problem creeps back over time.

After reading this thread, I did a hard reset and did not reinstall any 3rd party apps. I opened and closed the unit several times, set it down and repeated this about 4 times and was able to throw the digitizer out of wack. I am calling palm to report the problem and have my TT replaced.

Without all of the input on this tread, I probably would never have figured out that it was something about opening and closing the device!!
    Thanks to everyone.

Mobile Enthusiast

I have also suspected datebook5 for quite some time.
    The reason I suspected it, however, was because it gave me so much trouble because there are so many tiny things to hit with the stylus, that if the digitizer is off even just a little, it is very noticable.

For my recalibration problem, I don't think it has anything to do with opening and closing the slider. I rarely open my slider, and I have the problem everytime I turn on the device. However, it could have something to do with the slider pushing on the screen.

In the next day or so, I am going to try to do a hard reset, and go back to palm only software. If I still have the digitizer problem, I don't know whether to replace the unit. Has anybody read the quality control thread in this forum?

http://discussion.brighthand.com/pal...threadid=34059

I am afraid I will end up with a worse nightmare than the one I already have.

Mobile Enthusiast

Just before upgrading to Datebk5 preview G my digitizer was working fine. It had been fine for 2 days. After the upgrade, tapping on the Note attachment showed the digitizer to be off.

How is this possible?
    Nothing changed except installing preview G.

This is SO annoying.