Constant recalibration - Page 4

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mobile Enthusiast

Welcome to the recalibration club. My problems have always been localized the the right side of the screen. It makes using the slider or opening an attached note impossible until a recalibration is done.

I have been running fine for 4 days with most, but not all, of my 3rd party app reinstalled. Take a look at an earlier post to see what I have not put back.

Mobile Evangelist

Originally posted by Convert2
    This is a curse. I've never had a digitizer problem before. I read this thread yesterday and was counting my blessings that I hadn't incurred the problem. Well, that was a curse, because today it showed up. It seems like it only affects the right hand side of my screen, e.g. can't use the slider. I've recalibrated already 3 times today! Such a pain, such a pain.
    That's it. Precisely! If you open a notepad and draw around the screen, you'll see how the "ink" drifts away from the stylus tip as you get further to the right.
    I wish someone would come up with the definitive offending application... I have a feeling it is not strictly a hardware problem, but rather has something to do with an app. But that's just a hunch.

Default Fresh Install

Originally posted by swieder
    Did you reinstall the applications or just copy the to install from a backup folder? Do you believe it was a hardware problem ?
    I did a fresh install of all apps. I even deleted the palm desktop software and reinstalled it. I sync with MS Outlook so I was able to retain my contact and schedule information. I truly believe this is not a software issue, since I installed all of the same apps, albeit some were newer versions. I also mentioned I had digitizer problems after a hard reset and just installing Zlauncher.

Swieder, I'm curious, why do you not think the problem is with the internal contacts? I don't know much about electronics but the tarnished contacts did raise some suspicions. I once saw some pictures posted of the insides of a TT on the web, but I can't find it now. I would show you where the tarnished contacts were. Did you know the internal speaker is conected to the board by 2 small springs? Interesting.

Also, is it not possible to have some kind of TSR-like program on the TT that you can't get rid of except to disconnect the power source?

My partner at work bought a TT after I did and he just mentioned he is now starting to have digitizer problems. Perhaps he would let me take apart his as well.

Mobile Enthusiast

I'm convinced that in my case it's software. I am a rehabilitated Picture Logic addict. Every time I played Picture Logic my digitizer required recalibration, until I gave up a removed it. Occasionally I reload it and after a few hours I have to remove it again.

I even tried installing Digifix, but I still had problems until I gave up on my favorite game.

I too have only been noticing the problem over the past couple of days. The only new software I have loaded are VersaMail2.5 and the palm patch

I am also having this problem with "digitizer drift" and it seems to have developed over the past four weeks. It's very interesting to see the number of people who are having this problem recently. It almost sounds much more like a software issue than hardware (what's the chance of everyone's hardware starting to screw up at the same time?).

I wonder if a software upgrade (or virus????) has caused this?

Mobile Enthusiast

Can we start comparing what software each of us has installed? If we can find some common applications then we can do some testing to see if that is the culprit.

Look at my earlier post to see what I do not have installed. Since these programs have been left off I have not had to recalibrate. It has been 5 days.

Mobile Consultant

I am also having this problem with "digitizer drift" and it seems to have developed over the past four weeks. It's very interesting to see the number of people who are having this problem recently. It almost sounds much more like a software issue than hardware (what's the chance of everyone's hardware starting to screw up at the same time?).
    Actually quite good, if they were manufactured around the same time.

Default Rule these apps out

Originally posted by swieder
    Can we start comparing what software each of us has installed? If we can find some common applications then we can do some testing to see if that is the culprit.

Look at my earlier post to see what I do not have installed. Since these programs have been left off I have not had to recalibrate. It has been 5 days.
    I have the following apps installed and have still not seen a sign of my previous problem.

Amped
    Avantgo (5.2b65)
    Bejeweled (2.1)
    Graffiti Anywhere (1.3.1)
    MobileLink- (Autoupdate for Avantgo)
    Graffiti Shortcuts
    Palm patch- from Large TT update file- No problems with my TT

MoHiSp1Lib- I have seen this app on my palm before, can't find it now

Mobile Enthusiast

Default Grafitti Anywhere the problem ?

Within a few hours of installing Grafitti Anywhere 1.3.1 (GA) my TT went out of Calibration for the first time in 5 days.

Given the nature of GA it could be the offending application that is causing this widespread problem. I deleted GA for now, did a hard reset and restore and will continue to monitor my progress.

I also got a SRO number for Palm to repair/replace the Hardware. They are telling me that it could be 7 days to turn the unit around. I thought that I had advanced replacement with my "premium policy" from Radio Shack. I do not. I am thinking about buying the Palm extended warranty which provides for Adv replacement and an extra year of service. Any thoughts about this option?