Constant recalibration - Page 2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mobile Enthusiast

I can be sitting still and tapping on an attached note in the datebook and have the tap not register correctly. I think there is something else going on here.

Mobile Enthusiast

swieder,

Still working? Good. Now try an experiment for me. Apply some temperature change to your TT. Keep it in your pocket for a while, take it outside, then back inside, etc. How does that affect the calibration?

Mobile Consultant

I bought my T|T back in early November. Everything was fine for a month or so and then I noticed I had to recalibrate it weekly (starting in early December). From mid-Feb. onwards, I had to recalibrate it several times per day. I finally took it back and exchanged it for a new one with my extended warranty. The staff at Best Buy refused to believe me that there was actually something with the digitizer's calibration and just told me to "read the manual and do the setup process". I lost my patience and had a fit so things worked out in the end. Still, I'd encourage anyone having similar problems to return their units ASAP if at all possible. The patch Palm released a few months ago actually made things (IMHO) _worse_.

Mobile Consultant

I had a bad digitizer drift problem with my IIIxe that I'm certain was due to 3rd-party software, although I never traced down the problem.

The reason I'm so sure? I lent my Palm to someone else who reset it and synced based on his own profile/backed up software. He never had a problem with drift. When he returned it to me, I reset and synced to get everything back the way it was before I lent it, and the digitizer drift came right back.

I reset it again when I sold it, and the friend to whom I sold it has not had this problem at all.

So I believe it's almost a total guarantee that in my situation the digitizer drift was the fault of some misbehaving software that I installed along the way.

If it's misbehaving software and you trade in your Palm for another unit, you'll get the problem back as soon as you sync.
    The Compulsive Splicer
    MP130 - Nino 312 - Palm IIIxe - MP2100 - IIIxe again - Tungsten|T - iPAQ H5550 - Tungsten|T3 - Treo 680 (Copper) - Nokia e61i - iPhone 3G - iPhone - iPhone 3GS. Devices currently in service: iPad, Palm Pre Plus.
    http://splicer.com/

Mobile Evangelist

Haven't added 'new' programs for several weeks prior to the onset of the calibration drift problem, just last week. The only version upgrades I did around that time were WorldMatek, HandyShopper and GravityBall... this last one is a suspect right now - it just upgraded to hi-res and some other frills.... I wonder if it's the culprit.......

Mobile Enthusiast

I just replaced mine last week as well for the digitizer problem. Tried hard reset, restoring no apps, and it still had to be calibrated multiple times a day.
    The new one with all apps back has had no problems.

Mobile Evangelist

I'm also using the G2 screen protector (have been using it for months). Anyone else with the recalibration problem uses the G2? Or, are there recalibration problems out there WITHOUT the use of a G2 or other screen protectors?

Mobile Enthusiast

i was using writerights, but took it off in case that was the problem, didnt matter - still had to recalibrate several times a day.

Mobile Consultant

My 3xe is absolutly NOT caused by applications. That's a cop out, and I bet it is on the Tungsten T also. Besides, why don't OTHER brands of PalmOS PDAs have this problem, if it were really caused by software?

Hard resets seem to improve my 3xe SLIGHTLY for a few days, but it makes no difference whatsoever what software is or isn't on there.

Glad I read this. I've been trying to find a decent replacement for a Visor for the last month, and was now leaning towards the m515 or Tungsten T, but if they're having these problems....

Mobile Enthusiast

Does anyone know if Digifix is supposed to work under OS5? I have tried it, but it does not work on my TT.