Loving my TT

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loving my TT

Thumbs up Loving my TT

Ok - I bought this when it came out last month. I just have to say this out loud: I love this little machine. I am so pleased with it. This is my 5th palm. I'm a user from way back. I wandered into the world of the ipac briefly, but it wasn't for me. The pocket pc interface was not what I wanted, but I always hoped that Palm would bridge the gap - the easy interface with the nice screen and multi-media potential. I think they've done it with the Tungsten. I'm not a hardcore tech guy, so this unit does the trick for me.

I live with these programs and find them very useful, so check them out, if you haven't already:

agendus, zlauncher, palmreader pro, and Aeroplayer. Once Avantgo is cleaned up I'm laughing.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Contributing Member

Smile

Its nice to hear others that love their Tungstens... I love mine =)

(and as we speak I'm doing the battery bench...)
    Palm m505 -> Palm m515 -> Tungsten T -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 -> Palm LifeDrive.

(The Zodiac had some issues...)

Mobile Enthusiast

Question

excuse me....

What is a Launcher? I've been using my m505 without a launcher or a hack manager... how did I make it?

Steve
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, let\'s concentrate on those.

Mobile Deity

A launcher is an application that performs basically the same function as tapping the "home" button in the Graffiti area (the program that executes when you do that is called "Launcher"). There are quite a few different launchers on the market that have different features and capabilities. Many offer the ability to categorize apps in on-screen tabs by drag-and-drop. Others allow you to have backdrop pictures, and still others allow you to access your files in a Windows-explorer like way.

Hacks, or what I prefer to think of as system extensions ("hack" is such a maligned word these days), are little applications that integrate themselves into the APIs of your PDA to make it perform in different ways when certain actions are taken. For example, one of my favorite hacks allows you to create capital letters in Graffiti simply by crossing over the letter-number boundary when you draw the glyph (it's called "MiddleCapsHack"). Another ("McPhling") allows you to access a list of recently-used apps by making a stroke from the menu icon to the launcher icon in the graffiti area. Another ("NoClick") turns off the UI feedback sound that occurs when you tap on the screen, but leaves the other UI sounds (like the HotSync chime) alone.

Mobile Evangelist

Totally agree with JediLow, not everything is about problems, sometimes we really need to hear that we like our investment.

Mobile Enthusiast

Thanks Ben S.

I went to purchase my TT yesterday, only to find that "last week's sale" of 469.99 at Office Depot had expired Saturday. My Bad.

So, I knew I'd just play with it all week anyway, when I should be doing Christmas/family stuff... so I'm waiting till next weekend for hopefully a sale by Best Buy, CompUSA, OfficeDepot or CircuitCity....c'mom baby... can I hear 449.99?

Also figured I could use the week to convince myself that the TT is the right replacement for my injured m505.

Thanks again for your explanation on the launcher... I'll have to get me one...

Steve
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, let\'s concentrate on those.

Does your TT have a polyphonic speaker built in like the T665? Curious to know also if you can customise the alarm sounds for the TT?

Thanks!

Mobile Enthusiast

Wink Love it too

Add my kudos to Palm for the Tungsten T. I've had mine almost a week now, my 5th Palm. I love it. The resolution is awesome and this thing flies. It was kind of like wkhen I traded my low end Pentium computer to a Pentium 4. I get whiplash.

Love it, love it, love it!!!!!

Poor Tungsten T owner

http://www.shopharmony.com/ has it for $409. May be you want to check it out. I got mine from them

After I read all those ppl complaining about problems, I wondered. Why has no one (er... almost) said that they are happy with their T|T? Cause... Happy people don't complain! So I did a couple of interviews with T|T owners. 100% of them said that they had no dust problems! (my biggest worry)

So... Went ahead, asked dad for one as X'mas present (though i'm paying S$480 (divide by 1.8 for dat in US$)

Happy with it!

Message to those who worry bout' buying something cause of all the problems... Happy people don't complain! Do your own research!

(But could I hear some response regarding the digitizer problem? http://www.palminfocenter.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=9771) It's really minor, but I'll would like to know who's affected...