Treo 755p Battery Problem

Closed Thread
    Mobile Enthusiast

Default Treo 755p Battery Problem

I've had my Treo since Wednesday. I am having trouble with the battery. It will not keep a charge even if I am not using the device. It has completely run down for the past two days and shut itself off. It is also running hot. I contacted Customer Retention (the department where I got the phone) and they are sending me another one.

I did have trouble with BFViewer. Since I had the 650 the program for the 755 would not sync until I deleted the BFViewer in my backup file. That was easy to fix and MyTreo and Quick Tour both work fine now.

Gone With The Wind

Default Re: Treo 755p Battery Problem

Had you tried doing an in-cradle reset? (soft reset while its on charger and leave it for 5 hrs and DONT touch it)

JC
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 & Samsung Galaxy SII X T989D
    Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 P1010 & Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P5113
    Computer: Samsung R480 Notebook & Samsung N310 Netbook

Mobile Enthusiast

Thanks, I've been working with Sprint and Palm. They've had me to do a hard and soft reset. Neither of them told me to leave in charging for 5 hours after, but that would make a lot of sense.

Another thing I discovered is the battery ran down even though I turned the phone off. I really don't know what is going on with this device. I should receive my replacement tomorrow or Wednesday.

I think I just got a defective unit.

Mobile Deity

It does sound like you got a bad unit ballermom. Hopefully the new one will be better. I found out from h that if you do decide to do an in cradle reset you need to run the battery down low first to maybe 30% or less. See this thread for the explanation: In Cradle reset makes no change

Mobile Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. The battery drains to the red line all by itself. Sprint sent my new phone today. I am letting it charge for 5 hours this time. Before, I followed the 3 hours charging time listed in the getting started guide. I will keep the in cradle reset info handy just incase I need it later.

Thanks again.

Mobile Enthusiast

Hi,
    did you have bluetooth turned on? The keepalive option sucks those devices down really fast...

Gone With The Wind

Actually, no, its only when you are USING the bluetooth feature, it does take bigger chunk of the battery life. Turning it on, only takes .5%.

JC
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 & Samsung Galaxy SII X T989D
    Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 P1010 & Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P5113
    Computer: Samsung R480 Notebook & Samsung N310 Netbook

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Hanna View Post
    Hi,
    did you have bluetooth turned on? The keepalive option sucks those devices down really fast...

This is true, got my phone the other day, have had the phone go completely dead both nights, it even has a "hint" that when clicked on tells you this on the phone.

LOL i thought my phone was defective also.

Mobile Enthusiast

There is a good thread about this on Treo Central
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=147913

Mobile Enthusiast

Angry Re: Treo 755p Battery Problem

I have had the same problem with the Treo 755p. My drama started last Sunday. I woke up and my screen was different. My bible application was no longer on the device. I tried to use NVBack up and things went from bad to worse. The device kept resetting itself and would not stop. Took it to a Sprint store and was given a replacement which I later found out was a refurbished one. Mind you this was my second Treo because the first one I received had the battery issue. It would not hold a charge and it was running hot. The person I spoke with in customer retention told me it sounded like I had a defective device. The second one ran fine from May until last Sunday.

The Treo I received last Sunday would not charge past 98% and would not hold a charge. I took it back and was given a new battery. The tech told me it was probably a program I had on the device. He did a hard reset and had me to wait 24 hours before restoring the device. The battery had no problems with no addition programs on it. I deleted every new program I had added. I added some from the list that we received from one of the threads. The deviced worked fine from this point. I boarded a plane heading home and drama began all over again. The device would not allow me to make a call. The phone physically connected to the person I was calling but I could not hear anything. I never received the sounds indicating that the call was being processed. Also, I could see where I was receiving incoming calls but again silence.

I took the phone to the Sprint store in my home town and was told to contact customer retention. The tech said he was tired of seeing Treos. He told me that I traded my problems for another one since they had given me a refurbished phone.

I am really ticked off because this is my fourth phone. I did not have any trouble out of the 650 I purchased on Ebay. I had been told the bugs had not been worked out of this phone the week before it launched, but this is totally unacceptable. From what I read in the link provided this has been a problem from the beginning. Sprint needs to do something to fix it immediately if not sooner.