Exporting Contacts to SIM Card

Closed Thread

Unhappy Exporting Contacts to SIM Card

hi @

i've got a little problem/question. i would like to export all my contacts (at one time !!) to my SIM card. but, that doesen't work

i tried to select all the contacts, but that seem's to be buggy. i can not select them, just one. so, is there a trick or even a special tool?

thx for answers.

bye

r0k
    Mobile Deity
    (in the Palm of God's Hand *Detroit)....... Device: iPhone 5

Default Re: Exporting Contacts to SIM Card

Yes, it would be nice to be able to move your contacts to another gsm phone with your sim card. How many are you trying to move? I'm sure that a sim card has a limit on how many you can store.

I would expect that the "favorites" that are visible from the phone application get stored on the sim card, but the main contacts database is a palmos database. This is the sort of thing that cries out for 3rd party software. BTW, I have noticed there is no "select all" feature in contacts on palmos. This feature is only implemented in Palm desktop. I had wanted to recategorize a large number of contacts but found I couldn't.

Hope you find a way to get this done...
    Last edited by r0k; 04-11-2006 at 07:14 AM.
    -Jeff
    (r0k)

Palm Devices List (updated 10/17/2011)

sharp - early 1990's -> palm iii (late 1998) ... T|T3 -> ipaq 3115
    (returned to store) ->TX ... Treo 650-> 755p ->bb8830+iPod Touch->RAZR M + iPhone5+iPad mini

hi r0k

yes, the SIM space is limited, but that's not the problem. it's enough space available. i think, there are about 100 contacts which i've tried to move. so, that's not very much...

isn't it possible to select all my contacts and to move them together on my SIM card? i don't wan't to move them individually... that suck's

thx

r0k
    Mobile Deity

Mine is cdma, so I can't test this. Could you explain how do you move or copy one contact? Maybe something will stand out...

As for multiple contact selection, I have not found an app that does this... yet...
    -Jeff
    (r0k)

(returned to store) ->TX ... Treo 650-> 755p ->bb8830+iPod Touch->RAZR M + iPhone5+iPad mini

I can't remember

Probably not really a help, but I sent all my contacts from my T5 to my SE K700i via bluetooth.
    Brain -> Casio -> Sharp -> Filofax -> Palm Pilot -> Palm Professional -> Palm IIIc -> iPAQ 4660 (oops) -> TT3 + T610 + NavMan -> TT5 + SE K700i + NavMan -> TT5 + 2Gb SD card + SE K810i + universal PDA thumb board + external mike + TomTom ONE + BlackBerry 8800

Winner of the Brighthand Palm 5th Anniversary Contest
    NOT

r0k
    Mobile Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Streaky
    Probably not really a help, but I sent all my contacts from my T5 to my SE K700i via bluetooth.
    This is about getting contacts from palm data space on a Treo to the sim card, but it does bring up something to check...

I got my contacts over from my now idle TX to my Treo via bluetooth. When I received them, there was no option other than to assign category within palm's contacts program. It would be nice if sim card showed up as one of the categories in contacts just like sd card shows up as one of the categories in media, but I wouldn't know if this is the case because my Treo is CDMA.
    -Jeff
    (r0k)

I´ve had the same problem with the T5. The "select all" option doesn´t work out. I´ve only been able to send by bluetooth one contact at a time to my nokia, which is not efficient. If you find a solution for this, please post it here.