Switch to Treo 600?

View Poll Results: Which hard case are you using? (please post to specify 'other' if needed.

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Innopocket

6 54.55%
  • RhinoSkin

2 18.18%
  • DSI

0 0%
  • Other (please post details of make)

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread

Question Switch to Treo 600?

Hi! I'm new here and have a question... I am currently using a Tungsten C - migrated over the years from Palm Pilot Pro to Palm m505 to the C - I am tired of having to carry a cell phone and my C... Thinking of switching to the Treo 600. How happy/dissappointed would I be if I switched? Any switchers have good/bad tales to tell?

Thanks!

Mobile Enthusiast

I like it. Although I expect major advances with the Treo ACE, hopefully. You might want to wait, or if you are an early adopter, just by the Treo 600 and then give it to a relative when you by the Treo ACE!

Mobile Enthusiast

Love the Treo 600 and I am with everyone else and u should wait until Treo Ace comes out.
    \"You do not greet death, you punch him in the throat repeatedly until he drags you away.\"

Mobile Enthusiast

I have been hearing about this Treo Ace release for over a month now. Had I waited for it, I would have deprived myself of the joys of owning a Treo now. With technology changing so rapidly, the moment you walk out of the store with your Treo Ace, it will likely be obsolete. Well, I'm exaggerating, of course. However, the Treo Ace will become obsolete probably 6 months after its release. Buy the Treo 600 now and enjoy what it has to offer. I'm loving mine!

Default old phone to Treo 600/610 or Ace

When or maybe what month are these Treo Ace's and Treo 610's due out? I've been waiting for the 'next generation' of Treo's since I really like the 600 but I need Palm OS V6.x rather than V5.2 due to some functionality issues on the V5.2 OS. The Treo 600 evidently is going to be 'retired' at V5( my feeling, no fact involved). Palm V6 is going to be Java based, I think.
    Now, my predicament is that my current phone was made in the "1800's" [it's really OLD! :-)] so I need to make a quantum leap to the 21st century with a Palm Treo Ace/610. How long or how much longer do I have to wait? I'm currently on Sprint, fyi.
    TIA
    Tom

Mobile Enthusiast

www.treoace.com says that they are coming out on Oct 18. True or not true I am sure we will soon find out.
    \"You do not greet death, you punch him in the throat repeatedly until he drags you away.\"

So the Treo 610/Treo Ace are due in Oct '04 but with V5.4 of the Palm OS. What about what I hear on V6.x? When will a handheld be out for V6.x and what are the capabilities? Also, how do you think the Treo 610/Ace etc will fair against the PocketPC's next generation?
    TIA,
    Tom

Mobile Enthusiast

Well the Treo Ace is going to have a high res screen which is great. Built in Bluetooth. Seems like all sorts of good things. Go to www.treoace.com and check out the pics and updates.

Keeper of the Sword

Exclamation T/C owner

I own a T/C also and was thinking about getting a Treo 600. I hear that the Treo 650 is coming out soon and i will probally wait until the Treo 650 comes out.

So with the Treo 610, Treo Ace and Treo 650 coming out, what are the general differences and dates of availability?
    Do you know if any of these will have USB 2.x compatibility?
    It appears that Treo 800 will support PPC! I get the impression Treo 800 is due out calendar 1Q2005. Any updates?
    Tia,
    Tom