06-12-2002, 10:22 AM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2002
"Resolve items" in Activesync 3.5 just syncs again
When I first got my Audiovox, if I got an "unresolved item" after syncing, clicking on "resolve items" would give me a list of the items that needed to be resolved.
At some point, this stopped working properly. Now clicking on "resolve items" just does another sync, leaving the unresolved items still unresolved, and without identifying for me which are the problem entries.
Does anyone know how I can at least tell which entries need to be fixed?
06-12-2002, 11:52 AM #2
- Join Date
- May 2005
activestink seems to do that when its sync'ing my Files area. I have to remove each file one at a time, from the c:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\My Documents\<your PPC name> My Documents\ (where-ever your "synchronized files" directory is ) and try to resync. Eventually you'll find the "objectionable" files, because the resync will suceed after you remove the objectionable file(s). In my experience, its usually a file in the Templates area; I think AS expects only known file-types (PWord, PExcel, etc.) to be in there.
06-12-2002, 01:23 PM #3
- Join Date
- Apr 2002
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately my problem is somewhat different, since my unresolved items are all items in outlook (appointments, contacts, to do list items) -- if you change the same appointment on both the computer and the audiovox, you get an unresolved item. I think this happens to me when I get popup reminders for appointments, and snooze them differently.
So, I'm still a bit in the dark...
06-12-2002, 02:03 PM #4
I had a problem like this at one time. It was really bizzare. But, for me, it was limited only to appointments. After a week or two of looking into it, I found that the problem was on my desktop. I had run a third-party utility that optimizes the registry (Fix-it). It deleted the time zones that were being used by my machine. That somehow screwed up OUTLOOK's calander program, and then messed up Activesync. I drove me crazy for weeks. I eventually did an google search on an error message generated by activesync, and came across a message board where users were discussing the problem. The fix was to run Fix-it's undo program.Current PDAs: Audiovox Maestro, Casio E125
Past PDA: Palm IIIxe
06-12-2002, 02:35 PM #5EquilibriumGuest
This may fix your problem.
Open ActiveSync. (do this while device is not in cradle)
Click the Options Button.
Then a new window will open. Go to Rules Tab.
There is a Conflict Resolution option.
Check to see what you have set.
Either: Leave the Item Unresolved or
Always replace the item on my device or
Always replace the item on this computer
If you have Leave the Item Unresolved applied, then that is what it will do.
Change to one of the other two options.
By imported_Toad in forum Sync (Windows/Palm OS)Replies: 1Last Post: 06-05-2006, 02:53 PM
By tap0utt in forum General Windows Phone (Plus Windows Mobile, Pocket PC, Smartphone)Replies: 4Last Post: 01-27-2004, 07:14 PM
By JTEK in forum General Windows Phone (Plus Windows Mobile, Pocket PC, Smartphone)Replies: 0Last Post: 01-25-2004, 07:44 PM
By hyphiluk in forum iPAQ h3600-h3900 seriesReplies: 2Last Post: 05-02-2002, 04:01 PM
By johnwood69 in forum III seriesReplies: 2Last Post: 04-29-2002, 11:48 AM