Zire 71 wont sync address book

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by Cdmkman, May 10, 2012.

1. Cdmkman

Cdmkman Newbie

My wife's Zire 71 will not sync the address book. The Windows XP computer has several GB of free disk space and the Palm has a 2GB DS card that card info shows is 99% free. when I hot sync I get the following log entries.

HotSync operation started for BETH on 05/10/12 22:43:09

OK Quick Install
    OK Satellite Forms SDK 5.2.2
    OK Date Book
    -- Address Book
    - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again.
    Desktop = 861, Handheld = 853
    - Some PC records were not copied to the handheld. Your handheld may be full. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again.
    Desktop = 861, Handheld = 853
    Address Book synchronization failed

OK To Do List
    OK Memo Pad
    -- Backing up EDwin0000_SETUP to C:\Program Files\palmOne\BETH0\Backup\EDwin0000_SETUP.PDB
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\palmOne\BETH0\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up npadDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\BETH0\Backup\npadDB.PDB
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 05/10/12 22:43:26

When we started trying to get this to work we had over 1000 records on each one but the difference has always been about 8 records. We deleted duplicate addresses to make more room but the error continues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

AS I recall (and, sorry to say, it has been awhile) this kind of error was often due to data base corruption. Try this utility here:

Pimlico Software - DbFixIt

It is free to use it to scan for errors, but you will have to buy it to fix them. It's the first thing I would try.

3. Cdmkman

Cdmkman Newbie

That worked Great Thanks Hook!!!