Zire 71 FAQ

Discussion in 'Palm' started by ignavia, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Jay.Chen

Jay.Chen Newbie

Thank you.
    Maybe I am too sensitively.

2. bayardks

bayardks Mobile Enthusiast

re: Q: Is there a way to zoom into photos taken by the built-in camera?
    The link is to a non-english site. Is an english site available?

3. ignavia

ignavia Palm user since '98

I don't know what you're talking about... It's English for me.

4. Matty-J

Matty-J What should I put here?

It's been a while since you've posted this but: How do you add alarms to Memos?

Thanks,
    Matt

5. maceyr

maceyr Palm Explorer

Sorry for the late reply but I haven't been checking the forums for a while.
    Check out the Phone Link update page from PalmOne. It lists all the phones that are compatible with Zire 71 as well as other Palms here You might need a cable to connect your cell phone to your Palm. Check out TheSupplyNet
    The default cradle won't charge via the USB if you don't plug in the wall adapter. The Palm's travel charger or it's now called Recharging USB Hotsync cable (P10884U), which allows you to charge via the USB port of your computer or via the car charger attachment can charge via the USB. It takes the power via the USB or car charger. Belkin and other companies make similar travel chargers that make travelling easier without the extra plug in wall adapter. They're not expensive and well worth the investment if you do a lot of travelling.
    In order to change the default alarm sound, you'll have to change it in the Datebook. Run the default Datebook (or whatever other Datebook you use (ie.Datebk5, Agendus, etc)). Open up the Menu options. Tap the top left hand corner) Menu. Options. Preferences. Make sure you have the Alarm Preset checked. Under Alarm Sound, select your desired Alarm music tune and that's it. Some other alarm programs may not play the music file but rather the default Palm alarm sound but at least, for your Datebook entries, you'll hear something cool.
    I'm not aware that you can add alarms to Memos. You can add alarms to Notepad, which you can scribble a quick note to yourself.

Either, do a / A (shortcut) Or tap the Menu (tap left hand corner). Options. Alarm. And set your alarm. Unfortunately, the alarm is the default alarm and I can't find a way to change it to the geeksounds midi music alarms.
    You can also try using CDEx. I've been using it for a lot of CD ripping, encoding for many years and haven't tried anything else. Another popular one is DBPowerAmp. Or check Vorbis' site for the listing of software that support ogg vorbis
    Okay, I've figured out you're referring to VFSI's site. Click here to get Google's translation of the Japanese site. You may want to invest in a better software program that will zoom in on the pictures as well as other features such as changing brightness, contrast, color, etc with these commercialwares: RescoView, AcidImage, Splash Photo, Firepad, PhotoGather

6. thenoam

thenoam Newbie

You should add to the FAQ the Enfora WIFI Case:
    Enfora

Price: $169 :mad:

7. eulachon

eulachon Mobile Enthusiast

Here's something not posted up there - to play OGGs and movies without a memory card or card emulator, you just need:

Mmplayer
    The latest patch for mmplayer
    a program called "par"

Read here: http://www.mmplayer.com/faq.php#3
    Oggs will skip unless you download the latest patch.

You can hide your movies and oggs inside pdb files and put them in regular RAM. Not much storage space, but handy to keep a song or 2 or a few little movie clips if you don't want to shell out for a card or just want to test it.

Now that I know there are card emulators though... it's time to play around with palm movie maker!

8. mcdougall

mcdougall aka Noslenda Bivenda

I did a quick search for this topic and didn't fund much (or at least didn't answer my question) so forgive me if this is covered somewhere else.
    I've got a Zire 71, had it for a little over a year. Used it in the morning, worked fine. Used it a few minutes later, it would recognise any tap anywhere as a tap on the menu icon. Soft reset changes nothing, hard reset goes to screen where you're supposed to tap upper/left, lower/right, center. No matter where I tap, it keeps repeating. I can't get out of it.
    I think I have to either repair it or pitch it & get a new one (72?). Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try to fix this?
    I had a screen protector on it (for a long time with no problems), so I removed it and still had the problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

mcdougall
    :confused:

9. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Sorry for your troubles. :(

I also searched (keywords: screen is stuck), and my results are here . Sometimes various devices will share a common symptom/problem. Maybe one of these will help.

Regards,
    Lauren

MOD: This belongs in the Zire71 Forum?

10. mcdougall

mcdougall aka Noslenda Bivenda

Thanks for the suggestions. I would try the DigiFix, but I don't know how I would install it first, I'm stuck at the alignment screen after a hard reset.
    Thanks for the subject search as well, I found a few more things to try. If they work out I might fix the problem! All I need is a piece of paper, a can of compressed air & maybe a bent pin.

How I'm going to use these with my fingers crossed I have no idea! :D