Zire 71 FAQ

Discussion in 'Palm' started by ignavia, Sep 10, 2003.

1. hiswacko

hiswacko Mobile Deity

sorry, the standard cable only charges when plugged into an outlet. the hotsync cable(sold seperately, perfect if you wanna sync while traveling) can charge from the usb however, and i havent heard if the new mini cradle charges from usb or not.

2. jc23

jc23 Newbie

I installed Real One Player on my desktop and went through all the steps in the manual, I did the hot sync but the icon won't show up on my palm. What do I do? Thanks.

3. Ariain

Ariain Mobile Consultant

Can someone please sugest a compatible cell phone for the Zire 71 or tell me how to check which phones are compaitble?

4. xxAVxx

xxAVxx Mobile Evangelist

I've never used Ogg Vorbis before and I would like to know what program is the most common/popular to use for encoding music files in this format.

Thanks in advance.

5. ignavia

ignavia Palm user since '98

6. Latvian

Latvian Mobile Evangelist

To maceyr ....

U have posted something about extra, cool sound alarms...The geek something...

I have downloaded that file and transfered it to the palm, but when I opened the palm, I found the same old (default) alarms there without the new sounds !!!!

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'm not maceyr, but you should know that the alarms do not replace the factory alarms used by the clock app in the Palm. The link below is for a freeware app that will allow you to preview the GeekSounds that you install; you can choose which one you want for Datebook & Memo alarms. Another Forum member posted this app last Fall; it's called Less Than Zero, and also is a great little timer.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?f...ADC9-12A7266E94A9FA84&PartnerREF=&prodID=8246

I'm not sure if GeekSounds works on the standard Palm Datebook; I use DateBk5 & they work fine. :)

Regards,
    Lauren

8. brava

brava Newbie

IS it possible to change the ALARM CLOCK sounds instead of the Scheduele sounds too??
    System_MIDI_Sounds.PDB is the only sound file right? Or is there another one I can change so I can have more sounds than the bumble bee or warbler, etc... sounds on the alarm clock for the clock.
    Thanks

9. Jay.Chen

Jay.Chen Newbie

My Zire71 have a high frequency noise when I turn on the LCD. How can it happen? Why?
    The technician said that is normal. Is it real??
    When I plug the Zire71 into the connector and keep connecting with PC or chargeing the battery, the Zire71 has a little

shake.
    is it normal? The technician said that is normal too. But I don't belive that.
    Someone help!

10. imported_StevenGT

imported_StevenGT Moderate Superator

Yes, it is both real and normal. It's caused by the circuit that provides power to the unit, and that power draw increases when you use the backlight.
    What kind of "little shake"? There's a little "clunk" as the connector clips in place, but I've never observed any movement after it's in place.