Zire 71 FAQ

Discussion in 'Palm' started by ignavia, Sep 10, 2003.

1. foolishseraph

foolishseraph Mobile Enthusiast

Yes when i put my palm into the cradle it beeps. When i press the botton on my craddle it doesn't recognize it on the palm and when I go into the hotsync app. on my palm and try to hotsync it from there it says that it doesn't connect with my computer.

2. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

Well, it could be a bad cradle cable, or a bad connector on the Palm, or a bad connector in the cradle, or a bad Palm, or lots of things. It's impossible to diagnose long distance.

3. hiswacko

hiswacko Mobile Deity

hey i got a good Q,
    How long does it ussually take to charge the zire 701?

4. Vill

Vill Mobile Deity

a few minutes everyday should keep the average user's Z71 up to 100%. 2 hours for a totally drained battery.

Ryvil

5. hiswacko

hiswacko Mobile Deity

wow, 2 hours? the m130 took 15 min

6. Vill

Vill Mobile Deity

15 minutes for a totally drained battery? As in a DEAD battery? I don't think so....I had one and it took over an hour. The 2 hours is just to make sure that it is really full.

Ryvil

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Charge it overnite, and you'll never notice those 2 hours! :D And for during the day, put it in the charger while you're in the shower. :eek:

8. hiswacko

hiswacko Mobile Deity

unfortunately, i use mine at school almost constantly. on my old m130, it could easily be recherged over lunch, but 2 hours is awhile.

9. Vill

Vill Mobile Deity

I use mine all day at aschool too. I average 5-10 hours a day. And most of that time, I am using it with my UTK. I usually don't have to charge until 8 hours of use though. If you use it all day, all you have to do is plug it in a few minutes on breaks or in between classes just to make sure you have extra juice for those long lectures....especially if you end up playing bejeweled instead of taking notes! ;)

Ryvil

10. hiswacko

hiswacko Mobile Deity

never take notes. personally, i prefer monopoly or another turn basede game, as its harder to spot someone playing these. one little thing i learned with my m130, put all yer games on a card. if you ever get busted, pop out the card and pocket it. no games on yer palm, nothing to bust you for.