Zire 71 Clicking Problem

Discussion in 'General Palm OS' started by nickm11, Mar 3, 2013.

1. nickm11

nickm11 Newbie

I know I have an old Palm, but I like to play games on it.

This morning it started clicking through the page and not allowing me to do anything. I've had problems in the past that we solved by resetting or letting the battery run down. I was able to do a partial reset and somethings are better, but it still clicks. I can play solitaire, but not much else. I let it run down and left it for a few hours, but it's still not working correctly.

My guess is a software conflict, because the problem started out of nowhere. Perhaps I need to let it rest for a few days, but I'd like to know any ideas or if anyone else has had the problem.

Is it possible to totally reformat the system?

Thanx

2. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

A total reformat of the system would be a hard reset.

Palm Support : Resetting your device (Soft, System/Warm, Hard, In-Cradle, Power Down, Battery Disconnect, Zero Out)

If you have a backup program, make sure you back up first. When you have done the hard reset, test the unit out without even hotsyncing. If it still has problems, you know it is the hardware.

If not, rename your backup folder where the Palm desktop folders are on your computer. Then Hotsync. This will restore your PIMS but not your apps. You can then reinstall your apps one at a time. checking after each that things are okay. A pain, but will help root out the errant program

If you think it is a hardware issue, Chris Short does very reasonable diagnosis and fixing of Palm problems.

PalmDR.com, PDA Repair Done Right!

RickAgresta and lelisa13p like this.
  3. nickm11

nickm11 Newbie

Thanx, I'll give it a shot.