Zire 21 Sync Issues

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by 1GaryEvans, Nov 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1GaryEvans

1GaryEvans Newbie

Hi all. I'm new to this Forum, so please be gentle :)

I have a recently aquired Zire 21, I loaded the software on my home PC and all was fine. Brought the unit to my work PC, and I'm unable to get it to Sync with anything. The USB part acknowledged the unit and seems to be fine, but I'm unable to get it to start, or communicate woth HotSync.

I've tried searching this and other Forums, but haven't been able to find anything close to my problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

-Gary-

2. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

Most employers are reluctant about allowing employees to install any software they desire. If your Windows User profile does not have administrator priveleges, you will have to ask your IT people for help.

They will have to do the following with your cooperation:

1. Temporarily assign you administrator priveleges.

2. You will then turn off all running applications and install Palm Desktop and perform a first sync. You should install at this time any third party applications which have separate conduits or desktop application components. Do as many syncs as necessary and to test.

3. They will restore your Windows user to the old profile.

4. Test another sync before the IT people leave your work area to be sure the process functions as anticipated. If not, do again.

If you are network syncing there are other considerations, explainedin the Palm Support Knowledge Library under network sync.

3. 1GaryEvans

1GaryEvans Newbie

Thanks for replying. I guess I should have explained more. I am the IT guy..... Actually I do 3rd party support for a fairly large number of companies, and I have my PC set so that I am a local Administrator. So it shouldn't be a rights issue.

-Gary-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.