Zire 21 Desktop PalmOne 4.1.4 gone "nuts"

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by Jerry_NJ, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

I have posted here in the past on problems I've had with the datebook being lost when I did a hotsync between my Z21 and the XP based Desktop. Well, of late, every time I turn the desktop off, including when I turn the computer off the datebook is lost.

Guess I need to reinstall the destktop, suppose I can get the updated desktop form the Palm web site, any suggestions ideas?:confused:

2. Josser

Josser Mobile Deity

Open the Palm Desktop, in the upper left corner is the drop-down menu for Category, pull it down and select All.

In the upper right hand corner is the drop-down menu for User, pull it down and select your username.

3. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Josser,

Is your advice leading somewhere? I did as directed, and think that is where the settings were, i.e., the desktop works, just DON'T TURN IT OFF. Any advice on doing a reinstall with the latest from Palm? I will back up all the data first both on an off-line HDD and on the hand held.

4. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Just download and reinstall. Simple as that.
    4.1.4 is the latest version you can download (4.2 only comes on CD with newer devices TX, Z22, 700p, 680, 755p).

5. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Welcome to Brighthand, Jerry_NJ! :D (A bit late, I know...)

You can download for the full install package v4.1.4 is here.

You might try the "Repair" option first - Just install the download over the current installation and choose "Repair." If that doesn't fix things, do a full removal and reinstall. Be sure to follow the directions for installation on XP systems - They are well documented in these forums if you search.

HTH!

Joe

6. Josser

Josser Mobile Deity

Some panicked users have posted your same question only to discover either they were viewing the wrong user data or the categories were set to view an empty category. Just double checking. ;)

Good luck. :newpalm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.