YOUTUBE WORKS! WM6 + Adobe Flash mobile

Discussion in 'Windows Phone' started by Ashton, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashton

Ashton Dell Axim X51v Advocate

ok, so it's not 100% perfect... My x51v leaps into max pweformance mode, duckign my battery dry faster than you could believe, and evne then the video will play a few seconds then stumble then paly a few seconds then stumble. But I think this is hardware and not software anymore!

Also you cant load www.youtube.com you have to use google and search for hte clip and use the word youtube in the search.

I will post pics as soon as I can figure out why they're not posting...

2. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Mobile Deity

You don't just download the YouTube video with the help of mobytube.net, and play it using TCPMP and a .FLV plugin? That's what I do.

3. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

Nameless player, that's a lot of hoops. I'm guessing that you watch a lot of YT movies?

4. Ashton

I used videodownloadx.com and it changed and nolonger worked on my PDA (essentially waht you were doing). Also, as stated that's a lot of extra hoops to jump though. This also is a slap to the iPhone - it claimed to be the only PDA that coudl play Youtube.

I acctually use it for music, since you cant download music anymore (all the good sites are gone, replaced with torrent sites that download at 1kps if at all) so I jsut get the videos off youtube and turn off the screen.

I thought people woudl be thrilled to see FLASH was finally getting compatable with WM6 and PIE. I really dont care since I plan to upgrade to a UMPC within the next few months; possibly weeks.

5. Genjinaro

Genjinaro ~3rdPrty 4ehvur!~

Ash thats not the best way to watch Youtube on an Ax y'know..? :p

What you want is Skunkworks Flashvideobundle + TCPMP. ;) This way you can take full advantage of the X51v's video prowless, seemlessly.

6. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

Ashton, which Adobe Flash plug-in are you using? And with what browser? I've tried the older Flash plug-in on Opera Mobile with YouTube and had no luck.
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. J.R. Nelson

J.R. Nelson Minister of Awesome

I use, as Genjimaro suggested, TCPMP plus the flashvideobundle. If you have TCPMP installed, uninstall it, then reinstall it (everyone seems to be using 0.72RC1 for this) and install the flashvideobundle. Then when you visit youtube and some few others using PIE, you can click on a video and a little menu will pop up asking if you want to play or download the video. If you click play, it opens right up in TCPMP.

8. Ashton

I'm using PIE (the newer one from WM6 - football edition) and what I think ios the latest Adobe flash plugin. it's listed as "Adobe flash activeX control" in the "remove programs" area.

@ gen: I'll take a look, as I said this is really not int eh least bit practical. The main point of posting this was to point out it was possible. When on my desktop I use thre newest REalplayer and it has the "download this video" option.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. Lswitch

Lswitch Mobile Evangelist

I have been able to get youtube in 2 different (and easy) ways on the Touch Cruise. (winmob 6.0)

1. http://m.youtube.com/ from IE

2. latest Coreplayer (v1.2?) has a dedicated youtube function.

both allow you to search for clips within the youtube system.

10. Ashton

Youtube Mobile uses 3G (?) format, it dosn't use FLASH (and my PDA will not paly ANY Youtiube mobile videos)

I dont use coreplayer because I'd have to pay for it. untill it becomes free I'm stickign to TCPMP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.