Yet another hot sync issue - T5/WinXP

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by jzlvr1, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzlvr1

jzlvr1 Mobile Evangelist

I really hosed things up this time. I use Delorme maps. I know better than to try and hotsync the maps to my T5, but it had been along time since I added a map and I forgot. Delorme always hoses up the hotsync, and it always takes some time to get things back to normal. I usually try to move the map over to my T5 using drive mode, but this time I forgot.

Anyway, this time, no matter what I do, I can't get the hotsync to work. I've blown away the desktop and reinstalled it several times. Wiped out my T5, to see if that was the problem. I've gone through the registry and cleaned out everything that said palm, but I still can't get the hot sync to work.

Usually when I connect the palm to the usb port, I get a bing, BING. Now I just get a clunk. I know that the palm itself is working just fine. I installed a desktop on my machine at work and was able to hotsync there just fine. I'm sure that the drivers are corrupt, but I don't know what driver names to look for. Anyone have any idea's.

Thanks.

Daryl Rose

2. jzlvr1

jzlvr1 Mobile Evangelist

I just want to say thank you for all of the help. No, really, I mean it. Actually, I found the answer shortly after I posted this message. I was reading through some of the other posts, and someone mentioned not connecting the palm before doing the desktop install, because Windows installs some weird drivers. I got to thinking, that I've always had the palm attached before doing the install. I took that advice, and was able to get the hot sync to work. Now I just need to get the palm reconfigured.

Thank you.

Daryl Rose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.