XenForo Upgrade - Post bugs and other issues here

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by brubenstein22, Aug 13, 2014.

?

What should determine user titles?

1. Number of Messages posted (how it was in vBulletin)

2. Trophy Points (based on # of Messages and # of Likes)

3. Number of Likes

4. I don't care!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I'm using FF as well.

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I don't think it's a browser issue. It happens on Chrome and Tapatalk.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RickAgresta likes this.
  3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Persistent images loading failures are still with us. :vbfrown: Refreshing the page will sometimes correct all failures and sometimes only correct some, while losing others at the same time. Pretty tricky.

4. EdmundDantes

I found that if I right-click on an img, and select 'view image' it will often work.

RickAgresta and Mi An like this.
  5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I still want to see the image in the thread as intended.

scjjtt, Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  6. EdmundDantes

Oh I agree, I was just pointing out a work-around.

lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.
  7. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I have a problem with starting new threads. As I write on the Create Thread page, all of a sudden the page goes blank and seemingly reloads but a single line message appears: "This page is located at: http://forum.brighthand.com/forums/android-os.1275/create-thread". If I refresh the page I get the Create Thread page again, but with all the post deleted, and even the uploaded files are gone. This has happened several times this afternoon, and happens so frequently that I haven't been able to post the new thread. Once I got a message that said that the server had refused the page, or something like that. I couldn't read it whole or snap a screenshot because it disappeared suddenly and the same single line message appeared again. Please Admins and Mods, can you look into this? Thank you.

EDIT: Seems the problem is image-related. If I don't add images, then the above error does not appear. But as soon as I upload and insert an image, the error appears, seemingly randomly but also when I press the Preview button.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  8. brubenstein22

brubenstein22 Mobile Deity

Hi - are you still having the issue? We're working through this on all forums and trying to determine how widespread it might be.

jigwashere, Hook and raspabalsa like this.
  9. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Thank you! Yesterday I tried repeatedly to start a thread including uploaded images, and the error appeared continuously. Only when I deleted the images could I complete and post the new thread, in text only. I just tried to start a new thread, uploaded an image, inserted it in the post, and got the same error again. This time I got a screenshot:

Untitled-2.jpg

I hope the image appears. If not, the text reads "This page is located at: http://forum.brighthand.com/forums/android-os.1275/create-thread"

This error appears soon after inserting any image on the new thread. The rest of the page is completely blank. If I reload the image I get the Create Thread page again, but whatever text and files I'd added are gone - the form is completely blank.

jigwashere, Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  10. EdmundDantes

It's still hit or miss. It seems like a few more appear on the first try; but others need a refresh. Raspa's image above is not displayed on the first try.