XenForo Upgrade - Post bugs and other issues here

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by brubenstein22, Aug 13, 2014.

?

What should determine user titles?

1. Number of Messages posted (how it was in vBulletin)

2. Trophy Points (based on # of Messages and # of Likes)

3. Number of Likes

4. I don't care!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Jig - Perfect clip from one of my favorite movies - good choice!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

There's another strange thing going on: some new posts appear after some delay. I just got a notification via Tapatalk that jig replied in the PalmDesktop thread, but opening the page on the website still shows my post as the last. Refreshing the page has no effect, and the post will still refuse to appear. Strangely, opening Tapatalk also shows my post as last, even though Tapatalk notifications still show jig replied. The new post will appear only after a few minutes. I've seen this on other threads, but assumed it was my memory and short attention span playing tricks, but in this case I don't think jig would be a part of it ;) :)

EDIT: I think part of it was my attention span again... I thought I read "jig" on the Tapatalk notification, but now I checked again and it says "jlwu". But there's still the notification of a new post, and I can't see the post on a browser or Tapatalk.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    scjjtt likes this.
  3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Raspy, my thought is that jlwu has created a post in the referenced thread, but as a new member it hasn't been blessed by Our Moderating Volunteers (caps out of respect), so it's not visible. just my 2¢

lelisa13p likes this.
  4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Since when did new member posts require moderator approval?

5. raspabalsa

jig, I was thinking the same thing. The post by jlwu finally appeared about 2.5 hours after I received the notification on Tapatalk. Something must be broken. If I had to wait so long for my post to appear on a forum I visit for the first time, I don't think I'd return to that place. I think the blessing by a Mod was proposed some years ago due to the high spam traffic BH used to have, but one of the big guys (Ed, I think) spoke against it. I've never heard about it being implemented.

lelisa13p likes this.
  6. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

New member accounts get flagged for various suspicious info. This puts them into a moderation queue which we have to approve before they are made visible. Not all new members end up here. The details of why they were flagged are not made evident to us either.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

7. raspabalsa

Here's a composite image, screenshots taken just now. Left is my computer browser, right is my V10:

post.jpg

Notice the time difference: the Alert panel says jlwu replied just 22 minutes ago, while Tapatalk says he replied 2 hours ago. It's the same post on the same thread. :vbconfused::vbconfused:

EDIT: My last post went in just as hc was replying. I guess in this case the post had indeed been flagged for blessing. Thanks for the explantion, hc.

2nd EDIT: And the image I posted can't be seen now. That seems to have become the norm as of late :(

RickAgresta likes this.
  8. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

And as a last note, the accounts are flagged by the system, not by users.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

9. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

The image in raspy's post appeared after I refreshed the page a few times.

RickAgresta likes this.
  10. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I tossed the new guy into the pool after finding his first 2 posts in the Moderation queue. System software may have placed him in Moderation because he listed a January 1 birth date (a frequent spammer characteristic.)

RickAgresta and raspabalsa like this.