XenForo Upgrade - Post bugs and other issues here

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by brubenstein22, Aug 13, 2014.

?

What should determine user titles?

1. Number of Messages posted (how it was in vBulletin)

2. Trophy Points (based on # of Messages and # of Likes)

3. Number of Likes

4. I don't care!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. brubenstein22

brubenstein22 Mobile Deity

Hi Rick, the process is the same across all our forums. We are working on a better way to notify authors of responses to these types of posts beyond reminding them to check, though in this case Jamison has been aware of the thread and did respond to the initial comment about issues on the page, so it's clear he is monitoring. I'll make sure he knows there are additional questions to respond to.

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Respectfully disagree (multiple reasons for the respect, not least of which is you've earned it); Jamison responded because of a 'technical PM' sent by a mod.

Hook likes this.
  3. brubenstein22

brubenstein22 Mobile Deity

Fair enough - in any case, I've made Jamison aware of the thread again and we will continue to work on improving the process.

Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

And in the interest of full disclosure, my PM wasn't acknowledged. But as long as the problem was addressed, that part doesn't bother me.

Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  5. RickAgresta

Ben, is there possibly an add-in that can alert the thread starter that a reply has been made to the thread? Or anything similar? I don't mean to re-hash the benefits of the way threads are created in Headline News -- I suspect that is here to stay. and you've probably investigated automated options already. and you've been supportive, to be sure. it is still frustrating for us. tia, RA

6. RickAgresta

since the last upgrade, I've noticed that to see the normal layout for a post, I'll often need to refresh the window. examples below, the first is the problem, the 2nd is after a refresh.

upload_2016-8-24_7-54-22.png

upload_2016-8-24_7-54-39.png

EDIT: this was on Firefox 43.0.1 -- it's 'more interesting' on my phone.....

7. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Yes, I've been getting a lot of problems loading pages. Sometimes they show up in a basic HTML format. Also, there is ongoing problems with having to refresh to see pics. I thought at first that it was my work network, which is pretty awful, but it happens at home too.

8. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I'm experiencing it, too.

9. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

Same here, I thought is was my slow connection but no. Tried different Styles but they all have a problem

All the best, woz of oz

lelisa13p, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.
  10. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Same here. At first I didn't think much of it, because my internet connection is unreliable and very slow. But other pages load properly although slowly. Only BH is rendered as simple HTML, pics fail to load, often even after refreshing.

jigwashere, lelisa13p, scjjtt and 2 others like this.