XenForo Upgrade - Post bugs and other issues here

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by brubenstein22, Aug 13, 2014.

?

What should determine user titles?

1. Number of Messages posted (how it was in vBulletin)

2. Trophy Points (based on # of Messages and # of Likes)

3. Number of Likes

4. I don't care!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. brubenstein22

brubenstein22 Administrator Staff Member

We're live on the new XenForo platform!

As you begin to explore the new site, please post any issues you find here and we'll address it.

Some known issues:
    - Certain experienced users are appearing as "Newbies". If you feel you're in that group by mistake, post here (or PM me) and I'll take care of it.
    - Avatars. If your avatar is not appearing, check if it's a .bmp file. If it is, you'll need to change it to a .jpg, .png or .gif file.
    - Signatures. HTML is not supported on XenForo. We've converted the posts/threads, but signatures will have to be updated manually.

Ok, let's hear what you think!

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

it is possible that I just don't like change.....but why, when I click on 'New posts' doesn't this thread come up in the list?
    that's all for now ......

3. brubenstein22

Good question - it does show in the "New Threads" and "New Replies" widgets on the side, so this might be a bug with that page specifically. It also could display differently depending on the user, as per this note at the top of the page: "Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages."

4. RickAgresta

okay, above comment was for the New Posts link up with Calendar; if I click on the RecentPosts link near the Mark Forums Read, on the page that shows up after New Posts, this thread shows up. please either fix or rename one or the other.

oh, and one of your sample pictures in the announcement thread, below, is borked, i.e., not being displayed, until I do a reload image -- could be at my end.
    http://forum.brighthand.com/threads/forum-upgrade-alert-brighthand-is-moving-to-xenforo.290068/

5. brubenstein22

6. r0k

r0k Dazed

Any "Today's Posts" functionality available? (Or did I miss it?)

Any way to change the forum style (like the old vbulletin default)?

7. brubenstein22

There's a 'New Posts' option in the main "Forum" dropdown menu. There's also a new threads widget in the right sidebar.

The style chooser is down at the bottom left (on the green bar) - click on BH_Custom_xenFoogle to see the default option.

lelisa13p and r0k like this.
  8. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Count me amongst those who typically don't like change; but I dislike this even more than I thought. I found the new posts button easily enough; but it really shows all posts with a 'break' where the posts updated since the last sign-in show up. That's less useful than the old search which just gave new threads.

Also, by practically hiding the dates and times, it makes it harder to see on a thread where one left off the last time.

And finally, I absolutely hate this new style (not just here) where some functions only show when you hover over them. So for example, I only see the multiple pages for threads when my cursor is over them. That's all show no go as far as I'm concerned.

9. brubenstein22

Thanks for the feedback. In terms of 'new posts', what would you like to see? Are the new threads/new replies widgets not helpful?

Re: dates and times, you're saying you'd like them to be more prominent on each post, instead of just at the bottom of the post?

10. RickAgresta

am I correct in surmising that *only* images from the internet are allowed, currently? as in, if I have a picture I want to share, it must have a URL, I can't upload it from either my laptop or phone? related, all the many already uploaded pictures are lost, now? previously, if I went to 'advanced' for a post, I could choose to 'manage attachments'. I see nothing like that in the XenFoo system...oh, wait, a new button is now apparent, via more options and preview, 'upload a file' dare I click it?

xenfoo.png
    okay, so that's the process for adding, but the old images are *sobs* gone.....?