WMDC is a huge pile of crap (?)

Discussion in 'Windows Mobile Device Center and ActiveSync (Windo' started by Le_Scientifique, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Le_Scientifique

Le_Scientifique Newbie

I don't get it, I've been trying to sync my damn calendar for days and still it's not working.

How come Microsoft cannot manage to make something as simple as syncing datas work ?

I was easily and successfully using sync with a very out-dated Palm Pilot more than 10 years ago.

Now, I can't do anything. My calendar, my contacts, my list, my notes, nothing want to sync.

And you cant even sync Windows Live Mail Calendar either ? Forced to use Outlook ?

What the hell is this ??

What a shame for such a big corporation.

2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, Le_Scientifique. :)

Do you have any specific questions or did you join the forums just to rant? If you would supply some details perhaps someone could help you.

3. AZ-TE

AZ-TE Audiophile

What device do you have?
    What device OS are you using?
    What PC OS are you using?
    Please give any details that happen during the attempted sync proccess.

4. Le_Scientifique

Le_Scientifique Newbie

Honestly I posted this out of exhaustion.

My computer knowledge is relatively limited but I usually sucessfully use internet to fix my computer problems (which is how I found this site)

So, hopefully my problem is not too complicated and some of you who are smart and full of knowledge will help me solve it.

My mobile is a Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 (french version)
    I use Windows Mobile 6.1 (unmodified)
    My Laptop is using Vista Home Premium on a Dell XPS 1530
    I'm using Microsoft Office 2007.

My main email adress is a .hotmail.com which I get access through Windows Live Mail. To make it avaible on my Outlook I dowloaded Microsoft Office Outlook Connector and now my Outlook is my default mail program.
    I don't have any POP3 email (and I don't even know what POP3 stand for)

When I sync only the "Files" everything just work fine.
    If I try to sync Outlook stuff (Calendar, Contacts, etc) I receive 1 or 2 errors.
    I tried it on my wife Laptop (she has the same settings as me on a XPS 1330) and it worked. She has a POP3 email Outlook (for work)

In WMDC -- Mobile Device Setting -- Change content sync setting -- Each tabs Contacts, Calendar, Task, have a sub-link called "Sync setting". If I click it, it bring me to a menu where I can choose "Syncronize Calendar From :" There is "Windows PC" and "Windows PC 2"
    If I click Windows PC on, I get the error messages, same if I click them both on. If I click "Windows PC 2" on only, the sync works, but it syncs nothing, no contacts, no calendar or whatever.

I really don't understand why it is so complicated...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.