Wireless Pop3 Email Possible?

Discussion in 'iPAQ h3600-h3900 series' started by Steve80, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve80

Steve80 Mobile Enthusiast

How does one go about checking email wirelessly without syncing? Is there a way I can set up pop3 email checking? I read that someone checks their pop mail through yahoo, but I would like a more direct method such as outlook. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. AlatWork

AlatWork BOOMER SOONER!

If so, I do that at home via a wirless card in my iPAQ to my wireless gateway to the cable router to the cable modem to the cable ISP mail server. Open the Inbox on the PPC and go to "Tools -> Options" then click on New. Fill in the information for your ISP and your good to go. This presumes of course that you are using a wireless/wired card in your PPC or a dial modem, ie. the setup is the same...

Others can speak to the issue of setting this up for a cell phone connection...
  3. Steve80

Steve80 Mobile Enthusiast

Thanks so much! It works great! Is there any way I can leave email on the server? I couldn't find that option.
  4. Priccijr

Priccijr Est. 2001

the mail is left on the server when you receive your mail on your desktop it will be removed from your inbox on your PPC when you send receive again
  5. wildcat

wildcat Newbie

Hi Al!
    I bought CF modem long time ago, I'm using very well for browser web...but I could not check and send email from my account (pop.mail.yahoo.com ). Can you help me to figure out?
    do i have to download for window CE?.....
    thank you
  6. peros

peros Guest

If you've got a cellular with an IR port - you're there. Just change the modem on the iPAQ to 'generic iRDA' and connect. (May need to enable IR on the phone first).