Windows Smartphone contact group text messaging

Discussion in 'Email/Messaging (Windows Mobile)' started by 1sik lt1, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1sik lt1

1sik lt1 Socal Muscle CarCLUB Prez

I just bought the new Pantech c810 with WM6 from AT&T and I'm trying to find out if theres a way or some aftermarket software that will allow me to create a contact group and send SMS messages to that saved group of people.
  2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

I'm not aware of any application that does what you want, but I was thinking about it, and I wonder if this might help you: Most carriers let you send an email that will show up as an SMS message.

Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com
    Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com
    Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com
    T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
    Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com

where phonenumber = the 10 digit phone number

This means that you could set up an email group, like maybe on Google, and set everyone's email address to be their SMS number. Any emails sent to the group address should be automatically forwarded to everyone.

I've never tried anything like this, but it might be worth some experimentation. It's free at least.
    -
  3. stheodore

stheodore Newbie

Hi,
    If you are still looking for this software, please try a software I have developed at www.1touchmobile.com

regards,
    Theo

4. dashwire

dashwire Newbie

Just stumbled across this thread. Been awhile but there could be other members looking for a solution. Dashwire, a free web application for your phone, actually does exactly this. You can create contact groups and send blanket texts. And you can do it either from your phone, or your computer. Its pretty easy. Here's the link: http://dashwire.com. Any questions just let us know.