Windows 10 and Palm TX - still syncing after all these years?

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by Glennski, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Glennski

Glennski How Little I Know -Bucky

Hey there Brighthanders!:hi:

Anyone know of a good way to sync a TX with Windows 10? I just reinstalled a disk from ShortTronics onto my PC. :vbcool:

The function menu on the PC software for HotSync doesn't allow for custom options as in the olden days. Is anyone aware of this bug and or a solution. Is syncing with W10 even doable?

Just want to back up stuff using a cable, and don't want the desktop version to delete my precious data on the TX.

Oh and I notice DriveMode doesn't seem to work either.... :vbfrown:

Thanks, G-ski :hi:

2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

It wouldn't hurt me to do this, too. :newpalm: :thumbsup:

RickAgresta, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  3. BocaDr

BocaDr Newbie

Well, it just so happens that during this pandemic, with lots of time to go thru stuff, I came across my old T/X and plugged it in and sure enough, it came on and everything was still intact! I found a site where u can still download Palm Desktop 6.2.2 https://palmdb.net/palm-desktop-software/. But then after you install, you'll run into the lack of compatible drivers for the HotSync, but you can find those here: https://palmdb.net/aceeca-usb-drivers/. With the hotsync cable attached to the t/x and the USB, find the device in Device Mgr, double-click on it and, in Update Drivers..., point manually to the location of the new drivers and that should do it. When you're doing your 1st hotsync to Windows 10, tho, make sure that you designate the correct User name from the upper right corner of the t/x. That's where I screwed up and don't know how to fix...hence my registering for this Forum group, in the hopes someone can guide me...That'll be a new post altogether. Hope this helps with getting your t/x data onto ur W10 PC!

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Welcome to Brighthand, BocaDr!

scjjtt, lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.