WikiZ: New Wiki software for Palm OS 5

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by Cho, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cho

Cho Mobile Enthusiast

Hi,

I just started writing a new link program for Palm OS 5. I used PsLink before, but PsLink is not multi-byte safe, that is only Japanese is supported, and has a bug that a link does not work if the end tag is the last character of the memo.

WikiZ automatically detects new and old versions of PIM databases, and supports one-side tag like in "I have to finish this<ENTER>first." Here "finish " is the left tag for Tasks and <ENTER> is the right tag. Tapping on "this" will take you to its corresponding task record. No special characters at all.

WikiZ home page: http://geni.ath.cx/wikiz.html

Any feedback would be welcome.

Huidae Cho

2. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Hello, Cho. I have no idea what you are on about, but I welcome new Palm apps. :)

3. Haisook

Haisook Med Student

Neither do I... :)
    I wonder what that is...?!!

4. 5thWiggle

5thWiggle Mobile Enthusiast

Its a linking system for built in PIMs. It looks like he made the tags user definable for each of the PIM databases. Using the example from his website, if you set the right tag for the contacts app to the word 'call' and the left tag to a period (i'm changing things a bit here, but it clarifies things - at least to me :) ) anytime you wrote "call Soandso." in any of the other PIMs, you could tap Soandso and WikiZ would search the contacts app and go to that entry.

Sounds neat, gonna try it!

5. Haisook

Haisook Med Student

Hmm.. sounds interesting.
    Japanese software always rocks.

6. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

5thWiggle: Have you got it to work?

7. 5thWiggle

5thWiggle Mobile Enthusiast

I played around with it this weekend. It is interesting, but not something I'd really use.

First thing to remember is that you cannot have spaces between the tags and the link. So if the left tag is "call" and the right tag is "now", "call home now" won't work but "callhomenow" will. You can set the tags with leading and trailing spaces so if the left tag is "call " and right is " now" , then "call home now" will work.

While contacts has a number of searches ( you can use first_name, last_name, first_name last_name, etc.) you can only use the titles for memos, it doesn't search the memo text.

I couldn't get the calendar linking to work until I set the format to M/D/Y, and it would only work if the New Record box was checked. Mine is set to M-D-Y because I use the date alot for file names in Docs2Go, and the slash can't be part of a file name.

Unless you are perfect at spelling and at graffitti, leave the New Records boxes unchecked. There is no warning ( are you sure you want to create a contact for "H@me"? :) ).

It's a nice app, but still has some rough edges ( actually, I just checked the homepage and he's got a fix up for the calendar )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.