Wifi

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by RM59, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RM59

RM59 Mobile Enthusiast

Dear people,

Im trying to hook up my Ipaq so can use the internet. I have connection with my modem (speedtouch 7D52D5) but if I try a internet-page its says something like "page can't be located". Any suggestions?
    Some extra data:
    HP Ipaq Wifi Wireless adapter;
    Use specific IP address and filled in DNS and Alt DNS.
    Another thing is that when I used the " Network Analyzer" it tests 4 items but everytime its fails on the item " Ping HTTP server"

thanks,

René Meijn

2. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Hello and welcome to Brighthand.

Since I cannot find any info about your DSL modem, I will have to ask you couple of questions. Is it a combination of modem and wireless router? If not, you need to get a wireless router.

JC

3. RM59

RM59 Mobile Enthusiast

Its a Speedtouch 780i, and it has some sort of a browser. I type my modem's IP into internet explorer and I get a advanced sort of status page. There I can see what devices are connected. I see all four of them: Laptop, Computer, Playstation Portable and my Ipaq hx4700 shows up as connected (what is confirmed by my PDA) but the weird thing is that it doesn't give it a IP. The other 3 have IP's but the PDA Ipaq also has an IP (0.0.0.0) This isnt correct. I know its a big cluster of data, but i doesnt make any sense to me either.

4. davekk

davekk Newbie

I had the same issue with my Cisco access point and my 4700. It would connnect, but get no Ip address. Drove me nuts. I searched everywhere on the internet and found no answers. And I have never had any other device not work correcty on my network.

I found out (today actually) that my access point was set to allow data rates only for the "G" radio and not a "B" radio. After I enabled it for both, my 4700 worked like a charm.

5. RM59

RM59 Mobile Enthusiast

Well thanks for the reply, tried changing the signal ( it was b/g, so both of them) into b (legacy)/g and it didn't work.... But the reply is very much apriciated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.