Wifi HotSync Woes

Discussion in 'Palm' started by TXwump, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TXwump

TXwump Mobile Consultant

First, let me apologize for making my first post one about my inability to hotsync wirelessly. :eek:

After 7 months of lurking here and fiddling around with my TX, I finally have it setup to my liking...except I can't hotsync through my wireless connection. I can, however, connect to my network and use Blazer and Versamail with no problems.

I've read the many threads on this topic, but still no success. I have a Windows XP computer. In HS manager I have Network checked, my HS name is checked, and I noted the primary PC IP address (which I have set to be a static IP address in my router).

On the TX, above the HS logo Network is chosen, in Modem Sync prefs Network is chosen, in LANsync prefs LANsync is chosen. I entered my PC IP address, connect to my network and hit the HS button, but the TX and PC don't see each other and the HS times out.

I've tried doing a wired sync first - the wired sync works fine, but wifi still doesn't. I've also tried doing the wifi sync with the HS log open but that didn't work either. The HS manager has full access in and out of my firewall (and I tried a wifi hotsync with the firewall shutdown and that also didn't work). In my router configuration, I've also set it to allow the PC to use ports 14237 and 14238 for hot syncing.

It's not even that I really need to wifi hotsync - now it's more a battle of wills between me and the TX (or PC). And I fear I am losing! Any and all suggestions welcome!

2. dbarshain

dbarshain Mobile Evangelist

Frustrating! Did you try resetting the router?

3. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Welcome to Brighthand, TXwump. Worry ye not, most new threads (other than in Off-Topic) are prompted by real or perceived problems.

4. VX-TX

VX-TX Newbie

5. dmccunney

dmccunney Mobile Deity

What are your settings on the PDA side? One non-intuitive bit that can bite you: on the PDA side, do not specify the name of the host PC in Primary PC Setup. I just use "..".
    ______
    Dennis

6. TXwump

TXwump Mobile Consultant

Thanks for the quick replies.

dbarshain: yes, I have tried resetting the router.

VX-TX: I have Network checked.

dmccunney: on the TX I specified the IP address of the PC. I also tried it with
    your suggestion, but that didn't work either.

7. dmccunney

dmccunney Mobile Deity

I don't have a TX. My device is an old Tapwave Zodiac 2, with a SanDisk 256MB+Wifi card for connectivity. Check in your device Preferences. Under Network, there should to be an entry for Service, and that needs to be set to Wifi.
    ______
    Dennis

8. TXwump

TXwump Mobile Consultant

Service is already set to wifi. No change.

9. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand TXwump.

Does your computer have a name on the network as well as the IP address?

10. TXwump

TXwump Mobile Consultant

Thanks for the welcome, DT. Yes, the computer has a name on the network as well. This name shows up in the hotsync list (I assume as a result of the cable hotsyncs). I've tried the wifi hotsync selecting the computer name and also by entering the IP address....no luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.