Why is my battery life deteriorating on my Moto G?

Discussion in 'Motorola' started by Marty Mulligan, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Marty Mulligan

Marty Mulligan Newbie

I purchased Moto G several months ago and I've come to find out that with extremely limited use, Wi-Fi off and background data restricted, I could usually go a week between charging the phone but now this is down to around 60 hours (I know it's still a lot but it's a big difference). What could be the cause of my battery deteriorating? I haven't disabled the apps yet...is that something I should do? Thanks for the help!

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

welcome to Brighthand

what changes have been made to the phone recently, is the first place to look -- this covers a wide range of possibilities, from new apps, to upgraded apps or OS, to how bright your screen is now compared to before. another thought, are you sure when the phone is fully charged, that it really is fully charged? if you've recently changed your AC adapter, it might not provide as much power as its predecessor. less likely would be the microUSB cable, but that's another consideration.

3. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

My guess would definitely be app-related, i.e. something you may have installed or changed recently that's running in the background. I'd say try uninstalling any recently installed apps or updates, and see if that does the trick.