Why did my phone die?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by legsilver, Jun 27, 2015.

1. legsilver

legsilver Mobile Enthusiast

So earlier this evening I plugged my Samsung SCH-i405 into my friends powerstrip to charge it/listen to music through my friends PA. For some reason, my phone froze, the screen went bright/white/overexposed, and then died. It's still dead.

Any guesses as to what happened?

Thanks,

Sam

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

my first thought is the wrong voltage (too high) was applied; have you done a battery pull and tried to restart?

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I wouldn't expect the wrong voltage to be an issue. It looks like this charges through the USB port, and every USB mains I've seen can handle 110-220V. (I bought a step-down converter for our trip to Norway and realized later that every single device we carried - smartphone, tablet, Chromebook, camera and camcorder - could handle 110-220V).

scjjtt likes this.
  4. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Was it with a charger that you've used before? A short circuit might cause that. Or, you said in your other thread that the device was being fickle about chargers; the short might have been inside the USB port. Either way the best bet is to pull the battery, let it sit awhile, then try to reboot. If it doesn't respond, pull the battery again. Then hold down both volume buttons while pressing power. If it's still alive at all, that should bring it up asking if you want to wipe the phone. Obviously you don't, but that's sometimes a good way to "wake up" a device that's not responding.

Hook, jigwashere and RickAgresta like this.