Who is this AWright guy?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by jigwashere, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

There are articles by AWright. The byline link is broken.

For example, there is an excellent article, 'The Consequences of Mobile Computing,' written in 2006 by some guy named AWright. If I want to find other of his most excellent writings, I should be able to click his name and see a list. Sadly, I can't.

AWright = Antoine Wright. Right? :confused:

2. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

There is always his Website where he writes a lot and has links to other sites that he writes for.

3. jigwashere

And don't forget about Twitter! :D

It would be nice if the byline link worked, though.

4. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

I suspect he may have removed the AWright profile in favor of Antoine Wright.

5. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Yes, jig, same person behind both profiles. Most probably, AWright was an early choice to keep a sense of anonymity (such as hal, for instance :p), perhaps from the days of PDA Bargain, and he eventually found it better to be less anonymous, as his online activities thrusted from IT advocacy to journalism. Not to forget that he's somewhat flamboyant, therefore anonymity fits him bad, but that's not the point :D

6. jigwashere

I was fairly certain of his identity, but I think Brighthand should repair the link for his his byline.

7. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

Yes, that's me. And yes my name has seen several iterations in both BargainPDA and Brighthand worlds. When the sites merged, my (and some of Adama's) articles didn't. I have articles for BargainPDA going back to 2002-3; it's been a lot of writing (not even counting other places).

Policy changes necessitated changes in my name here.

It's been humbling seeing many thoughts from 2006 and earlier come to pass. Makes me wish I were Larry Page or something now ;)

Personally, I like that some articles have aged into disappearance in some places (though not necessarily my personal records); helps me do reruns :p

Like: who wouldn't like to see this article done for this year?

Lol, almost true. Almost...

AWright was a lot easier to deal with, but I had some Google juice issues and tend to prefer the rest of my initials than even my entire name as it is here.

Somewhat flamboyant... now *that* is a comment I never heard before. Will have to pass that to the folks who earlier today thought that I was a judge from a nearby county.

8. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

Shucks, I thought one of the great mysteries was about to be uncovered.

Like, who is "C" or maybe the guy with the white cat. :D

9. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Haha, no offense intended, my friend. Just to joyfully point out that you're not the type of guy that can eternally fit inside a faceless moniker :)

10. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

Hehehe, none taken. Faceless moniker? Guess the new avatar here works that angle well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.