Which Bluetooth Headset do you use?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Shinno, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinno

Shinno Crazed Owl

Got a bluetooth phone or PDA? Love to find some mini-reviews or your thoughts on which Bluetooth headset is the best currently on the market.

I'm at a loss as to which one I should get.

I currently own a T/T and a Sony Ericsson T616 =D

2. Rambler

Rambler Guest

I've got a Jabra BT200. However there's an issue with the T2, and the TT with Palm's latest combo patch. Dialing from the Palm does not automatically transfer the call to the headset - you need to press the connect button on the headset to get the call. :(

Prior to the TT's combo patch, this worked correctly and would transfer the call to the headset with no intervention.

3. wardsw109

wardsw109 PG Team Leader

4. Rambler

Rambler Guest

Do you have the issue I mentioned above? When you dial a number from your T2, does the call transfer to your headset without any interaction from you? If it does, do you know what firmware version you have on your T68i? I'm also wondering if later Jabra BT headsets have a fix incorporated for the problem. :confused:

5. wardsw109

wardsw109 PG Team Leader

Unfortunately I have to press the button on the back of the ear piece when using my TT2 with. I have contacted Jabra in person on the phone with the support staff - as far as they know there is no current update for the firmware that will eliminate this issue. Nor did they seem to think there ever would be one.
    I have checked the website out for updates on the firmware as well and nothing...I am sure that you checked that out. The tech could not tell me if the newer Jabra ear pieces have updated firmware.
    I prefer totally hands off - that's the whole reason I got it.
    What I do now is as soon as the TT2 conects using the BT and starts to dial the phone number, I press the button on the back of the Jabra ear piece and it connects immediately as soon as the first ring starts.
    I'll continue you my efforts on our parts to see if a couple of other forums have some answers.

6. palmfetish

palmfetish Mobile Deity

Do they (Jabra and other non-SE) support voice dialing or SE 'magic word'? Functionality and cost have kept me from the one I headset Im interested in.
    I 've heard and read great reviews on the Bluespoon - 4-6 hours talktime, 200 standby, DSP, 10 grams (smallest/lightest)... - but AFAIK, this is an issue w/ it.
    [​IMG]

7. Rambler

Rambler Guest

I know Jabra does. Can't speak for the others. I like the Jabra as it goes around your ear, instead of covering it like other BT headsets.

8. palmfetish

palmfetish Mobile Deity

Cool! I looked at the Jabra but thought it was too big and had unacceptable talktimes. The T68i gives hours upon hours of talktime and I would like my headset to hold out for as long as possible. I also have a tendency to go 'cutting edge' or high end w/ the gadgets. The Bluespoon's feature set, IMO, takes it closest to those.
    Maybe I'll try the Jabra while I wait.

9. Shinno

Shinno Crazed Owl

Your responses help a lot, the Jabra's look great since I don't think I'll be calling people through my T/T all that much - just wanted a wireless headset to accompany my T616.

10. MikalJ

MikalJ Mobile Enthusiast

I use my TT to connect with a Jabra BT200 occasionally and have had no prob with headset transfer. I use a T616 too, by the way. I love this combo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.