When Did You First Join Brighthand?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by scjjtt, Jan 26, 2021.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

MODERATOR NOTE: This thread was split off from the "How Are You Faring" thread, with a Note and redirect linking to this one. :vbsmile:
    -------------
    Great to see you drop in QF. Not only we don't want B.H. to go away but we don't want to lose any others.

My only regret to B.H. is - I didn't stumble on it earlier.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (10.1") /128GB using Tapatalk

2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

kumbaya-smiley group singing.gif

3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Not sure I'd have been able to cope with BH if I had stumbled on it earlier. I joined February 2004 (17! years! ago!) and soon after my very first post I saw a reply by Nine that almost sent me running away. It wasn't offensive at all, just... weird. I couldn't make sense of it, and only after seeing similar posts appear all ove the place did I begin to understand BH's unique humor. Seventeen years is a a very long time, and many other sites I used to visit back then no longer exist. I joined BH even before I had a Google account! :eek:

Mi An, lelisa13p, jigwashere and 3 others like this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Me, too -- but then, before having an Android phone/device, it was less necessary. Yahoo & Hotmail, back in those days :vbrolleyes:

5. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I just went to my profile & saw I joined December 2, 2008. (Maybe we need to start celebrating our B.H. birthdays :) ) I started using Palms ten years earlier. I was still using Palms when I came to B.H. & right around that time I moved to a Palm Centro. My eyes could never use that screen now without reading glasses. I remember the resources for Palms that Hook & Wozofoz (I sure miss Warren - he wanted us to know his name) had for Palm OS's. I felt like a kid in a candy shop.

And you all were there when I moved from Palm OS to Android. I nearly had a panic attack just talking to my wife about the switch.

You all were there for me when I have shared times of highs & lows - with everyone supporting & caring.

Yeah - B.H. is pretty important to me & all of you make up this important family! Thank you for allowing me to be here!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (10.1") /128GB using Tapatalk

Mi An, lelisa13p, RickAgresta and 3 others like this.
  6. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

I joined in July of 2003. I didn't even have a PDA then, I'm pretty sure. I had been to a large group conference in Southern California and saw a couple of people using Win Mobile (or whatever it was called then) and decided I wanted a pocket computer. I had heard of Palms and ran into someone using the first Palm Tungsten. So I started doing research on both OSes and it led me to Brighthand. Late to the game, my first PDA was a Palm T2. The rest is history (see signature). But I noticed, right away, the quirky humor of this place and how helpful people were. Being an extreme introvert, even online, this group of crazy and kind people drew me out and made me relax about communicating in a way very few places had. I think one of the reasons I picked Palm was because I mostly got this vibe from the Palm folks, not so much the Widows PDA folks. :vbrolleyes: :vbgrin:

There's a lot of very dear folks from this family that have gone missing over the years (some for reasons known, others not). I miss and think of every last one of them and am grateful for their having been here. I am especially thankful for all of you still here. It has made getting through these recent times sooo much easier.

Stay safe, folks. Stay healthy and happy and gadget obsessed! And may Brighthand somehow remain here forever!

Cheers! :hi:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Mi An, raspabalsa, lelisa13p and 4 others like this.
  7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

8. Hook

scjjtt, lelisa13p and headcronie like this.
  9. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

:D I googled "welcome to Brighthand, jigwashere"

10. Hook

Apparently, no one welcomed me. :vbrolleyes::vbgrin:

scjjtt, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.