Whatever happened to the Chromebook?

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by LandSurveyor, Feb 24, 2012.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

scjjtt, jigwashere and RickAgresta like this.
  2. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I checked recently and a newly purchased Chromebook was required.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

scjjtt, Mi An and headcronie like this.
  4. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I think this offer is available to owners of older Chromebooks, too. Unfortunately, new Disney+ subscribers, only. :(

scjjtt likes this.
  5. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

Have you tried joining under a different email than your original d+ membership? A lot of places aren't all that strict about that sort of thing. Or is your membership like ongoing and active and you don't want to lose track of what you've already watched?

RickAgresta, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I like your thinking. I got the redemption code and will investigate further tomorrow. :newpalm:

RickAgresta, scjjtt and Mi An like this.
  7. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Since my son has gone to the darkside & now using only ______ products - look at what I got to bring back from WA when we visited them last week!

Although my old Acer C7 320 GB drive (originally had 2GB RAM & son-in-law upgraded it to 4GB about a year after I got it) still works - it hasn't received upgrades for over a year.

The Toshiba has a beautiful screen, good speakers & a backlight keyboard is a real plus.

I guess maybe something good can come out of someone switching to ________?

8. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I couldn't remember when I got my Acer C7 - one of the first Chromebooks sold through Google. Here is what I found - I think I got my money's worth.
    [​IMG]

9. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Well after a denting a couple of corners tumbling out of the opened tailgate of an SUV in a carry-on bag, and then finally getting a single hairline crack across the entire width screen, it was time to replace my beloved Acer Spin CP315 Chromebook. It was so big and beautiful (15") and such a good deal. This one hit me hard.

So, after after failing to find a replacement screen and doing some research (and concluding that I'm never going to get such a great deal on Chromebook ever again with everyone working/educating from home these days), I settled on the new Lenovo Flex 5 13" Chromebook. Despite being smaller in size (it's actually not that much smaller with the Acer's relatively huge bezels around the screen) the Lenovo is definitely an upgrade in the processor (10th gen i3) and other than size it's at least identical features (4GB RAM, 64GB storage, backlit keyboard, forward facing speakers, touch screen, tablet mode). I now know why everyone seems to rave about Lenovo keyboards.

The Acer is still usable, but we all know that I'm going to torque that screen opening it one day and that single crack is going to turn into many. It was beautiful though, and did I mention it was such a great deal? The Lenovo Flex 5 13" is $410 shipped and sold by Amazon. Not a horrible price (especially for the processor), but not the great deal the Acer was.

10. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator