What to do with my old Palm T|X?

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by tbessie, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I'm not familiar with them, but I know you have a stash of them. I should go grab them, shouldn't I. :vbwink:

jigwashere, lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Oh yes, you should. The stash is here. My favorites are Planet Lander, Chopper Rescue, and Scud Attack :)

3. Hook

Should I (and may I) host these on my server and make them available on my TX page?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  4. raspabalsa

Yes, please do. I don't intend to remove them from my Dropbox, but it's always best to have more than one source for something so valuable as these games.

5. Hook

Done! They're at the bottom of my list of software. :thumbsup: Hosted on my server (well, the server I use. It is actually maintained by a Linux IT guy, an old friend, who knows way more about network security than I ever could).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

raspy, do you know if the TX screen-size is a must have (480x320)? when I unwind while in bed, it's on my 755p, which is 320x320.

7. raspabalsa

Rick, do you mean what's the resolution needed for Kurt Dekker's games? They will all run on 320x320 screens, since most of them pre-date 320x480 devices. On 320x480 devices they will run above the DIA.

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  8. Hook

I'm going to try them on my Dana just for fun. Lol. I'm sure they weren't coded for the Dana's wide screen and will probably be in a square in the center.

9. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

no, I meant screen-size specifically -- I seem to recall that being an issue, with something or other, years ago..in any case, thanks!

10. raspabalsa

Now that you mentioned it, I do recall some issue with some of these games and then-newer devices. They failed or glitches some way or other, can't remember. But Kurt Dekker updated and released the games fixing that issue, and since then I didn't see any problem again. The games in the zip file are the updated versions released as freeware, so they should work ok on any 320x320 and 320x480 screen. Not sure about the Dana, though.