What is too much electronics for you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NetBrakr, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

I decided to get rid my electronic devices that rarely been using. I just had it. Too much stuffs. I am way too greedy. :( So no ASO, for now. :(

So what amount of electronic devices that will let you think twice?

2. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Mobile Deity

I still have and regularly use an analog turntable

3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

There isn't such a thing as too much electronics IMO. You should see my basic backpack, it holds more electronic gadgets than clothes!

Ditto with my desk, there is hardly room for a notebook... which is not too bad considering that I seldom use a pen or pencil.

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I'm not anywhere near too much, but I suppose if there wasn't room, for say, a bed, that might be a sign to re-think things…or not :rolleyes:

5. avisitor

avisitor Mobile Deity

No room for a notebook... You really need to clean off your desk for that new laptop.

Ohhhhh, you mean one of those things that holds sheets of paper.... Those were deprecated long ago in favor of Tablets.

6. raspabalsa

Hmmm.... a bed in my desk? Interesting concept... may prove a bit tricky, though, what with the room taken up by my CRT monitor. Probably a good excuse to switch to a LCD one? :D

7. raspabalsa

HAH HAH! Laptops don't go with me... too large to be truly portable, too slow to be useful, too flimsy to endure a week in my work (but those are just my opinions)

Tablets? That's what my mom used to give me when I had the flu! Oh, and the paper-holding thingies still prove useful sometimes... beat the hell out of computers during a power blackout, and you can always make an airplane with them (now try that with your tablet!)

8. namerif

namerif Zero Defects

I'm not really a cutting edge sort of guy. My iPhone is leaps beyond my previous cellphone which I owned since the 90's. I still own the same stereo system I had in college (think 1970's). I didn't add a CD player until around 1996.

There are no high def TV's in my home and the largest TV is 26". I do own a laptop and home computer - both purchased over 5 years ago. Heck, I didn't own my first home computer until I was 37 years old. There's no satellite radio in my truck and I still prefer to write personal checks over using my debit card.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind all that much if we reverted back to the pre-digital days. I still think my analog vinyl albums sound better than CD's. :D

9. berylrb

berylrb Mobile Deity

My advisor/prof won't allow computers/laptops in her graduate classes anymore too many folks on the internet while she was lecturing, thus, the backlash to too many eletronics, next will go the cell phones, there are so many rude people texting while she is lecturing.

10. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I'm starting to feel like I've got too much. I'm posting right now from my TX using IrDA keyboard, tethered to my 755p which is charging on the dresser. I just bought a Voyager 855 BT headset and SAG to use with my Treo. I have a netbook downstairs with new BT Nano adapter, BT mouse, etc. My desktop PC is in the basement. I have 2 TVs with 2 digital TV converter boxes, VCRs w hich rarely get used, CD players, mp3 players, a couple of old Palm devices, etc., etc., It's a bit silly.

My cell phone is one of my most important accessories when I leave home. It's worse to forget my cell phone than my wallet!

I'm always on the internet. My job as a business analyst is to develop web applications. I surf the net for news, entertainment, manage my finances, and to stay connected.

The good news is that for the most part, electronic devices are more dependable than they used to be. I used to spend a lot of time tweaking and fiddling with my computer(s) and other devices for the sole purpose of getting them to perform better. But perform better to do what?

I realize I'm rambling, which I think is a symptom of having too many always-connected/networked electronic devices.

But will I give them up? Not likely. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.