What have you done with your 755p lately?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Ohappydaye, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ohappydaye

Ohappydaye Wonder Palmstress

Friday night I received a call informing me that an old college friend had died. I was in shock and very bothered, of course. I thought immediately of a man of whom I had been friends with since 7th grade, Jason. Jason had also attended college with me and had been much closer to the young man that had died than I. I haven't spoken to Jason in a few years now, the last time I had he was living in Virginia. I no longer had his parents phone number and I wanted desperately to contact him and inform him of this tragedy...as he would surely want to attend the funeral services.

Then it hit me! I whipped out my Treo and used my handy dandy tryDA app! I plugged in his first and last name, the state of Virginia and left the city blank (just in case he had moved). Lo and behold I found ONE person with his first name initial and last name and it was in Newport News, Va...which is where he lived when I spoke with him last! :eek: I called, left a message (not with "the news" of course) and asked him to return my call.

tryDA and my 755p not only reunited two old friends, but allowed me the opportunity to ensure that Jason had the chance to pay his final respects to another. Thanks Tuck and thank you tryDA. :)

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Sorry for your loss, but glad you were able to connect with an old friend.

What have I done with my 755p lately? I was at my in-law's and my wife wanted to show off pictures. I whipped out my 755p, connected to my home PC with Orb and Kinoma, and streamed pictures (and even a few videos) for show-and-tell. Even on the small screen, it was fun! :D

EDIT: One more story. I was putting my son to bed. We were reading a children's magazine and came across an unfamiliar song. The page had a website to listen to a sample of the song. My 755p was in my pocket. I just pulled it out and in a few seconds, Kinoma was playing it for us. Kinoma also saved the song for future reference! :)

3. Ohappydaye

Awesome stories Jig, I especially love the second. And thank you for the condolences. <hugs>

I'm thinking maybe we could end global warming or something with our devices if we put our minds to it. :p

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

5. Ohappydaye

Thanks Jig I LOVE IT!!! <OHD walks off singing, ....gonna shine, shine>

6. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

What have I done lately with my 755p? I don't think you want to know because I'll be such a sour-puss about it! See me NVBackup thread (which actually turned out to be a PalmaryClock Wireless problem in all fairness to Pruss and NVBackup).

But one good thing that I did with my 755p was the other day when I was buying a MicroSD card kit (with appropropriate adapters) from CircuitCity, I was shocked to find out that the card that was $16 on the website was much more than that at the store (can't remember if it was $54 or $74). But I whipped out the 755p, went to CircuitCity.com, and confirmed it was the same item and was still priced at $16. I then took the card and my 755p to the register, showed the cashier what it said on their website (and that is wasn't just a website only deal like she first argued), and then she gave me the $16 price.

Not bad. Even though I could've done something similar with my T|C and Wi-Fi, I don't reliably get a Wi-Fi connection at CircuitCity stores, so that was a big plus for the Sprint Unlimited Data Plan that I keep choking on every time I think about it and the remember FREE Wi-Fi. LOL

You folks have better stories than me, though.

I did con my oldest son into going with his mother to drop some furniture off at the Salvation Army by letting him use my 755p + Kinoma to surf YouTube.com the whole way there and back. Haha.

7. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Chris,

take into account your issues are not that much related to NVFS per se, more with an application not playing nice.
    That existed back in the RAM-only days as well ;)

8. Ohappydaye

Great stories folks. I love 'em...especially the bribery one. That may be my new fav. :p

Yea, I could've used my 'puter to track Jason down....but as I sat in Chilis drinking (and eating, let me add) it was easier and faster to do so on my 755p vs waiting til I got home. :cool:

9. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

The latest thing that I have done was actually this AM in Bible class. The word "spleen" came up. (not the organ in your body) I already had my 755P out because I have my Bible on it, and opened BDictionary and there it was!

The "coolest" :cool: thing that I have done is once on a Fam vacation to Disney, we forgot to check into the airline that morning to reserve our seats. While in the middle of Disney World, my wife suddenly realized what we had forgotten. While my wife was panicing and we were standing in line for the next attraction, I pulled out the 'ol 755P and in about a minute had all 5 seats confirmed.:newpalm:

10. Ohappydaye

Excellent brickman!! ....in both situations! :newpalm:

Edit:
    This is starting to become my favorite thread... and no, not because I started it.:p I just love these stories. :newpalm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.