What Does Your Home Screen Look Like?

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by Hook, Sep 23, 2012.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

It's the Faddy iconset by Vertumus. They have several great-looking iconsets.

scjjtt, jigwashere and Hook like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Hookette says 'Tis the season!

Ahh, no wonder. I own the Umbrum collection and have been eyeballing Blutum. I'll have to look over his sets as a number of them are 50% off right now.

jigwashere likes this.
  3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I've purchased maybe 6 iconsets from Vertumus, including Almug Praos, Omoro, Nimbbi, Atran, and others I can't remember now. I used to have Omoro as my phone's iconset, then decided I wanted a uniform look with all icons the same shape and size. I tried some square icons, then settled for circles, then decide it all looked better in B&W.

jigwashere and Hook like this.
  4. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Another quick off topic:

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

raspabalsa and lelisa13p like this.
  5. Hook

So here is what I have had for about a year now:

[​IMG]

Big agenda and apps I use 90% of the time. I have 3 other screens of various apps I can flip to when needed. I have only two folders, on the dock, one for messaging apps (email, texts, etc) and Pims. However, I'm about to change up everything with an experiment.

I'm going to completely redesign everything to be able to flip between landscape and portrait (up until now I have locked my phones in portrait. Since I am anticipating getting a landscape keyboard slider, I want to think about how I would organize my launcher. The Pro1 will come with a launcher that will be optimized for landscape to portrait, but I suspect it won't have the functionality of Nova. I would imagine that in landscape I won't want to rely on flipping home screens. The keyboard should itself have some features that will make things easier, like assigning apps to keys, but I want to see what I can do with Nova without a physical keyboard. This is an experiment and I don't know how well it will work. Hopefully I'll have the results in the next day or two (after backing up the present configuration.:vbgrin: :vbrolleyes:

6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

(For RA, who poked me with a pointy stick :vbtongue: )

All of that busy stuff that you guys have on your home screens, I can access from a Today screen, pulled down from the middle top of any screen. Customizable with App widgets and scrollable, I can see at a glance current info from 5 different Weather apps and Weather Radar, Up Next from my Calendar, Reminders, Siri App Suggestions (the apps I've most recently used), 3 most recent Kindle books that I've opened, News updates, Map Destinations from next Calendar Appointments and most recent Notes used plus many more items. All are active linking shortcuts when touched. These are just a few views. :vbsmile: (I don't know why the pix posted blurry here. They are actually quite crisp in RL.)

From the Apple side of the aisle:

Home Screen
    Home Screen_iPhone XS Max 2019-05-23.PNG

Some Today Screenshots (there are many more items than shown):
    Today Screen 1_iPhone XS Max 2019-05-23.PNG Today Screen 2_iPhone XS Max 2019-05-23.PNG

7. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I'm still using the Web OS Pre 3 background for my phone - since I never had the chance to get one - plus I like it.

I only have 2 screens Basically everything I need is on my homescreen. The second screen brings in a Widget from Calengoo.

I can change the tray at the bottom of my screen which is reflected on page 2.

Of course with the LG v10 I can have a multiple displays on the second mini display at the top. Normally I have my next upcoming appointment showing in the mini display. Unfortunately taking a screen shot does not include the small mini display. Below is a pic from Google image search of what the phone looks like with the second display. Here is a site about everything the second screen can do: https://www.guidingtech.com/55921/tricks-second-screen-lg-v10/
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, Hook, headcronie and 2 others like this.
  8. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

My oh my... I had quite forgotten what I was using before. How funny, that I'm still using Smooth Calendar 5 years later on my home screen. Weatherbug replaced HTC Sense weather. And my full calendar occupies slot #2 of my home screens.

Screenshot_20190524-080404_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190524-082129_Nova Launcher.jpg

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  9. Hook

So, here's how the experiment turned out. I now have *everything* I commonly use on one home screen, mostly in folders, in an arrangement that works very nicely on a landscape screen (The f(x) Tec Pro1 has a slightly larger screen than my Nexus 6p).

[​IMG]

This same arrangement also works pretty well in portrait.

[​IMG]

It's important to have a screen config that can swing easily between landscape, when using the pro 1 keyboard, which will likely be a lot of the time, and portrait, which will be the pulling-it-out-of-the-pocket-to quickly-look-something-up- or-skip-to-the-next-song mode. Their launcher may in fact really be optimized for that switch, but I don't know. What I really wish is that the Navigation bar and Nova's icon dock rotated as well. They don't.

That's Helga, by the way. She models for very cheap. :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  10. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

scjjtt, lelisa13p, jigwashere and 2 others like this.