What Does Your Home Screen Look Like?

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by Hook, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

With a lot of people talking about the rotating homescreens on the iPhone 6 Plus, I thought I'd enable the rotating-homescreen option in Nova Launcher (which has been present for a while, of course) on my Moto X. Works very well if you have a 4x4 grid because that allows widgets and icons to rotate without reshuffling. Some widgets are stretched slightly, but most rotate without any issue at all (like Google's calendar widget).

Edit: resizing attempts failed, so I added spoiler tags

Here's one of my homescreens in portrait:

[​IMG].

And here's the same homescreen in landscape:

[​IMG].

Mi An and lelisa13p like this.
  2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Nice idea for larger pictures, Mitlov!

Mi An, lelisa13p and Mitlov like this.
  3. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Didn't the Galaxy Nexus have a rotating home-screen too? I can't recall for sure.

4. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

I've been packing more or less the same home screen since my Touch Pro2 days, courtesy of Lightning Launcher. IMO, it goes rather nicely with Android 5.
    n45 (Small).png n4zoop.png

Edit: I got rid of widgets because my last rom let me cram a lot more information in, but now that I'm stock again, I'm playing with zooper. Better than minimalist text was last I tried it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    scjjtt, jigwashere and Hook like this.
  5. Hook

Hook Hookette says 'Tis the season!

And finally it's revealed who's behind Material Design... Hail Hydra! :vbeek::vbwink:

HailHydra3.png HailHydra4.png

jigwashere, scjjtt, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  6. Hook

I think it's time to resurrect this thread. :vbwink: RA reminded me of it's existence. Bumping it just so I can find it to post when my week-end starts tomorrow. Get yer screen shots ready. :newpalm:

7. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Wake up! Wake up!!
    Screenshot_2019-05-22-21-23-50.png

*courtesy 'Young Frankenstein'

8. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

The "It's Alive" line reminded me of the movie of the same name. That's one of the scariest events of my childhood. I was maybe 7 or 8 years old when we (4 brothers and sisters) watched it clandestinely one night that our parents left for a party. They expressly forbade us from watching that movie (it was aired during a horror movies special), so of course we went ahead and disobeyed them :D . My 4-year old sister cried almost the whole movie, and even got a high fever. The rest of us huddled together screaming and trembling in the sofa and watched it to the end, then had nightmares for several weeks afterwards. I don't remember if or how our parents punished us for disobeying. Maybe they got scared at seeing how badly we had reacted, and figured that was punishment enough. And it was.

Years later history repeated itself, this time with The Entity. Again, every parent in our extended family forbade us from watching it when it was aired, and this time several of my cousins went ahead and watched it, with my little sister. She, once again, reacted very badly. This time we were all punished, even though I wasn't even at my cousin's place when that happened.

Sorry for derailing a freshly revived thread, but the strong memories of those events came back in a rush at reading "It's Alive". <shudder> :D

9. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Back to topic, this is my current setup:

Screenshot_2019-05-23-10-50-42.jpg

The blurred icon in the dock is the speed-dial shortcut for Mrs. R. I'm not sure if she'd appreciate having her likeness so exposed in the intarwebs :)

10. Hook

Love the icons. As for the blurry icon, that's what everyone looks like when I first wake up and haven't put on my glasses. :vbwink: :vbrolleyes:

lelisa13p, scjjtt, jigwashere and 2 others like this.