What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dngrsone, Aug 25, 2009.

1. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I wish I'd known about it in time to avail myself of that deal! I read the Look Inside portion at Amazon and alas, I bought the book for the (still discounted) higher price. :vbsmile: I must know what happens next! :newpalm:

Hook likes this.
  2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

upload_2021-10-21_22-4-7.png
    upload_2021-10-21_22-4-59.png

this is using Overdrive...it'll be a pleasant surprise for President's Day....or thereabouts :vbrolleyes:

Hook and lelisa13p like this.
  3. lelisa13p

That's about the same situation as at my Public Library, also via Overdrive. :vbsmile: I checked it last nite. At least now I don't have to wait. :thumbsup:

BAB2000, Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  4. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2

I will check my library, sometimes popular titles do not get grappled immediately! Will report back.

Report: With Overdrive, my library has 17 ebook copies. I just borrowed the 2nd copy!
    All of the audiobook copies are checked out. Did not check the printed listing, another app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    lelisa13p, Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  5. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I haven't gone out of my way to do this, but I don't think I've ever read a James Patterson book. Too many other things I think I'd want to read in front of them. Not a snobbery thing, as I read plenty of garbage too. Just other garbage.

lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.
  6. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

I finished The President's Daughter, BTW. It was a fun ride, a good thriller, but also a bit silly.

Former Seal who became President and is now ex-President. His daughter is kidnapped by a terrorist badass none of the intelligence agencies have been able to track down for years. The ex-prez grabs a few of his special ops buddies, flies to Libya , rescues his daughter and wipes out the terrorist enclave. In the 90s, this would have been a summer action movie with Bruce Willis or Harrison Ford as the Prez. Complete fantasy, but fun while you are reading it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.
  7. lelisa13p

I'm still reading. You're right, it is enjoyable. :newpalm:

BTW, why is Helga in disguise? :vbconfused: Halloween holdover? Inquiring minds want to know. :vbtongue:

Hook likes this.
  8. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

Yes, that was her Halloween costume from her Paw-ty. Actually, the wig was something someone added at the party. I just lucked into such a delightful picture I decided to use it as an avatar for a while. :vbgrin:

RickAgresta and lelisa13p like this.
  9. lelisa13p

Inquiring minds totally approve. :thumbsup:

Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  10. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Now that Hilary Mantel finished her Cromwell trilogy (about a year ago or so), I finally dug into 'Wolf Hall,' which is the first book (and apparently the best one). I'd seen the miniseries and already watched a bunch of movies and TV series covering the same subject matter (Henry VIII and his many marriages and the Tudor Court.). It's pretty good so far, but at times a bit confusing. She often refers to Cromwell as 'he' in odd ways that make whom is being spoken about unclear.

While it's sexed up a bit too much, I always thought 'The Tudors' was a really good series. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is excellent as Henry and Henry Cavill (in the first thing I think I saw him in) was also excellent as Charles Brandon, Duke of Sussex. It's also one of the first things I saw Natalie Dormer in, who has since appeared in so many movies and TV series (including Game of Thrones).

lelisa13p likes this.