What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dngrsone, Aug 25, 2009.

1. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Wow Rick, that one sounds good.

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Me, too -- for some reason (senility is my first guess) I'd thought it was free…

lelisa13p likes this.
  3. RickAgresta

raspabalsa and lelisa13p like this.
  4. RickAgresta

I suspect that I will cave in and buy the e-book of
    An Eagle Named Freedom: My True Story of a Remarkable Friendship, by Jeff Guidry.
    Currently $1.99 at Kobo and Google Play books. Might just be me, but I expect it to be a real tear-jerker.

lelisa13p likes this.
  5. RickAgresta

lelisa13p likes this.
  6. RickAgresta

Bought it, no tears so far :vbgrin:

lelisa13p and raspabalsa like this.
  7. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Did you get a refund, or are you planning to complement your reading with onion slicing and dicing? ;)

lelisa13p likes this.
  8. RickAgresta

4raspberries.jpg

lelisa13p and raspabalsa like this.
  9. RickAgresta

This just in, for TODAY the 24th only!
    Links below are live
    EDIT: quite a range:

"We have books in every category, follow these links to jump to your preferred section, or scroll through and browse in every category: Young Adult, Mystery with Romantic Elements, Historical Romance, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Sci-Fi Romance, Romantic Suspense, New Adult & Rom Com books, Sweet Contemporary Romance, and Steamy Contemporary Romance.

In addition to being listed in the above categories, if you are a reader looking specifically for books written by authors of colour about Protagonists of Colour, or books with LBGTQ+ Protagonists, or books written by authors with disabilities, we have those books in their own lists as well."

Romance Bookworms
    Stuff Your eReader with awesome stories

Are you a voracious romance reader? For ONE DAY ONLY, stuff your Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Apple Books or Google Play ebook reader with 400+ FREE ROMANCE READS!!!
    On Thursday, June 24, 2021, get these free books at your preferred ebook retailer, for FREE, no strings attached. This is just a helpful collection of free-for-a-limited-time romance novels! Click on the links below!

AMAZON KINDLE

BARNES & NOBLE NOOK

APPLE BOOKS

KOBO

GOOGLE PLAY

10. RickAgresta

2021_07_31_12.19.50.png

William Gibson has trained his eye on the future for decades, ever since coining the term “cyberspace” and then popularizing it in his classic speculative novel Neuromancer in the early 1980s. Cory Doctorow raved that The Peripheral is “spectacular, a piece of trenchant, far-future speculation that features all the eyeball kicks of Neuromancer.” Now Gibson is back with Agency—a science fiction thriller heavily influenced by our most current events.

Synopsis/tease:
    Verity Jane, gifted app whisperer, takes a job as the beta tester for a new product: a digital assistant, accessed through a pair of ordinary-looking glasses. “Eunice,” the disarmingly human AI in the glasses, manifests a face, a fragmentary past, and a canny grasp of combat strategy. Realizing that her cryptic new employers don’t yet know how powerful and valuable Eunice is, Verity instinctively decides that it’s best they don’t.

Meanwhile, a century ahead in London, in a different time line entirely, Wilf Netherton works amid plutocrats and plunderers, survivors of the slow and steady apocalypse known as the jackpot. His boss, the enigmatic Ainsley Lowbeer, can look into alternate pasts and nudge their ultimate directions. Verity and Eunice are her current project. Wilf can see what Verity and Eunice can’t: their own version of the jackpot, just around the corner, and the roles they both may play in it.

As you can see, this is from the Play Store. I've been revealing my life-secrets so have a small balance in the Play Store -- I always look for the freebies, but between awareness of the author, and it being an NPR Best Book of 2020, and the free money, after about 10 pages into the sample I grabbed it. Fully expect it to be
    2019-09-04 07.51.20.png

scjjtt, EdmundDantes and raspabalsa like this.