What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dngrsone, Aug 25, 2009.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

This is what my TBR pile looks like. I know it's a lot less impressive than the above pic but that's just because I don't read dead tree books:

Screenshot_2019-09-07-14-04-43.jpg

I hadn't noticed that Kindle is the app that takes the most storage on my phone, surpassing any other app or game. Not even Minecraft with my 1.5GB+ world (and several other 100MB+ worlds) takes as much as Kindle.

RickAgresta and lelisa13p like this.
  2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Trust me. There are plenty of us in the same boat. And likely we're gonna need a bigger boat. :vbgrin:

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

4. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

I'm reading a fascinating book right now, The Overstory by Richard Powers. Hard to describe. It starts out with a series of biographical sketches of a cast of characters (sometimes starting with long ago ancestors) who seem to have no connection other than there are trees involved somewhere. However, it is clear these characters are going to be woven in together in some way. I really don't know what this is all going to turn into, but I am totally riveted and willing to go along for the ride. Lovely prose, interesting characters. There's a waiting list so the library won't let me renew so I just got back from Barnes & Noble where I bought my own copy. And, yes, retirement-- I'm back to dead tree books. :newpalm: Which is funny when you think about the fact that this book is in part and ode to trees. :vbrolleyes:

5. RickAgresta

Hook likes this.
  6. Dngrsone

Dngrsone One Serious Wiku

I'm almost finished with my latest audiobook, Honor Among Enemies, and debating with myself whether I should buy three more credits and get the next one of the series.

7. RickAgresta

I'm thinking about how to handle my TBR list, and I'm leaning toward whatever has most recently grabbed my attention gets the nod. I'm part way through a free sample of "One Damned Story After Another: The Complete 'Protected By The Damned' Series", by Michael Todd. It's currently $0.99 at Amazon, and is more than one novel, total of 1800 pages; not sure how many separate books it is, looks like 7.

NOTE: This book contains cursing. Perhaps humorous cursing, but cursing nonetheless. If this offends you, I suggest you don’t read this book.

https://www.amazon.com/One-Damned-S...el+todd&qid=1568489874&s=digital-text&sr=1-15

lelisa13p likes this.