What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dngrsone, Aug 25, 2009.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Yeah, that's part of the reason I haven't followed the whole Ryan series. Another part is that once he became POTUS the game changed a lot, and not in a good way. My favorite Ryan book still is The Hunt for Red October, and my second favorite is The Sum of all Fears. However my overall favorite Clancy book is Red Storm Rising.

EdmundDantes likes this.
  2. Dngrsone

Dngrsone One Serious Wiku

Finished Heroine Complex by Sarah Kuhn

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Currently reading Lock & Key by Gordon Bonnet. tl;dr synopsis: a guy is shot in the head by his best friend, and wakes up / finds himself in The timeline Library. the rest of humanity has vanished other than those in the library. the head librarian learns that there are 3 divergences in the past from what should have been, main character is sent back to try to correct them, and restore humanity.

Interesting, well written, not without humor.

4. Dngrsone

Finished The Great Halifax Explosion by John U. Bacon. It documents the events that occurred on Dec 6 1917. Pretty interesting read.

jigwashere and Hook like this.
  5. Dngrsone

Just now finished Cherry Bomb, a crime novel featuring Detective "Jack" Daniels and a very nasty serial killer.

Now, I'm off to something lighter: Don't Tell My Parents I'm a Supervillian

6. RickAgresta

I just finished Lock & Key. The ending was a bit weak, but MHO is that anything involving time paradoxes will end that way. Now, on to I have no clue
    [SNARK•ON] (it's a story about an amnesiac who can't remember what he doesn't know… :vbrolleyes: :rolleyes: <Very. Serious. Eye•rolling> )...
    [SNARK•OFF]

Hook, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  7. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I finally got to Warlight. A *very* slow read because the language is so amazing the writer in me just wants to drink it in. If you are looking for a plot that moves like a freight train, this isn't it. This is someone putting together sketches of his past in post-Blitz London and trying to make sense of them. There are intriguing puzzles as he does so, and there are some fascinating characters, but it is a slow but rich narrative.

8. RickAgresta

raspabalsa and lelisa13p like this.