What are the top 5 uses of your TX

Discussion in 'Palm' started by jmcarrillo, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmcarrillo

jmcarrillo JMCarrillo

So what do you use your TX for?

2. AZ-TE

AZ-TE Audiophile

1. Organizer: Appointments, Shipments, Orders, Tasks
    2. Documentation. I have a folder on my SD card sync with my document folder on the network. For this I use Sync Toy (Faster than DTG)
    3. Music Player
    4. Email
    5. Mobile Browsing

3. Inner Prop

Inner Prop Mobile Deity

1. PIM
    2. Daily Mass readings
    3. Writing
    4. Reading ebooks and such
    5. Habitcop
    6. Music / audio books

Actually, by number of hours the number one use is probably handing it to my wife for her to play Backgammon or Freejongg each evening.

4. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

1. Organizer: DateBk6, ListPro, Contacts, Memos, VoiceMemos
    2. Electric/electronic calculator: Electrist, powerOne Graph, DTG, several small apps
    3. Documents: I use SyncToy and CardReader
    4. Reader: I Have tons of ebooks and use iSilo mainly, with Plucker for RSS feeds, PalmPDF, DTG, and PalmFiction.
    5. Multimedia: movies with TCPMP and music with Aeroplayer
    6. Games!

My mobile browsing is still too limited to be considered above.

5. compucat

compucat Palm TX User

1. PIM

2. MP3 Player (mostly talkshow podcasts)

3. Calculator

4. Video Player

5. Games

I just love this machine.

6. TungstenEguy

TungstenEguy T|E biased & proud of it!

1. Managing all aspects of my life that I can, or am willing to through the tools on the Palm (PIM).
    2. USB Drive for PortableApps, certain data sources like RSS feeds, browser bookmarks and alternative data stores for portable data transfer (Sneaker Net + PC software suite and Desktop docs)
    3. Media (Books, Audio, Video)
    4. Remote control automation with IR and BT, as well as remote access through IP netowrks
    5. BLUETOOTH SPAMMING!!! :newpalm:

I make my Palm a converged device as much as I can. However, my Palm is not is a phone, and I kinda like it that way to be honest. :p :)

7. rlaurio

rlaurio TX Enthusiast

1. I'm using the Calendar to manage and supervise kids' homeschool lessons; I have each day's schedule listed and it's easy to see at a glance what each child is doing and erase it as they do it.
    2. keep kids' etexts/books in one place - no more misplacing stacks of etexts and books
    3. my own reading list - I can keep an entire library with me and read wherever I am
    4. I'm paraphrasing an old book and I do most of it in Memo
    5. Keeping little notes with me - dates, shopping lists, what kind of printer I have for buying refills, that kind of thing.

8. jmcarrillo

jmcarrillo JMCarrillo

Hey raspabalsa

Since the TX doesn't come with a mic, how do you do voice memos? Or is VoiceMemos something else?

9. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

One of our members - WyreNut - sells mics for the TX. See here, Jmcarrillo. :)

10. Silly Rabbit

Silly Rabbit In training!

1. Keeping information at my fingertips that I consider necessary and/or helpful in everyday life:
    - bank account numbers, my family's SSNs, doctor's appointments
    - my husband's travel arrangements - he travels alot & many years ago, he was flying out of Denver & I heard there had been a plane crash at the Denver airport. I had no clue which carrier he was on or the flight number. Fortunately, it was not his flight. :) Since that time, I always get a copy of his itineraries.
    - the days & number of miles I ran
    - meal planning & grocery shopping
    - contacts (I can quickly grab the name of the guy who painted our fence five years ago :) )
    - various medical info for my family such as my husband's blood pressure (since we have to monitor it) as well as what was discussed during my mother's doctor's appointments.
    - I work from home and occasionally go into the office. There have been times when I'm in the office & asked to do something that I had not planned to do & my notes are on my PC at home. Now, I keep documents like that on the SD card and it has come in handy several times.
    - I used Pocket Quicken so I have my mother's books on my Palm. I do her books & if she has any questions when I'm with her, I can answer them right away, instead of waiting until I get back home & look it up on the PC.
    - PDA has replaced all the Post-Its I used to have around the house!

2. Caculator & EzTipper program.

3. I use BugMe to quickly take notes when I'm out & about instead of using pen & paper.

4. Boring people to death with family photos that are kept on another SD card. :D

5. Now that I've learned to use WIFI & am (probably) going to be upgrading my phone to a BT phone, I think I'll use the 'net alot for getting phone numbers & store locations, when I'm on the go. It will also be nice to be able to check email, on the run, as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.